Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-LAUGHLIN AFB
The Material Laborer moves and processes repairable and serviceable parts between maintenance activities and into Base Supply.
- Handle serviceable and unserviceable materials and route them in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Perform cleaning/sanitizing of office/common areas in accordance with Contract requirements.
- Manually loads or unloads trucks, or other transporting devices.
- Unpack, shelve, or place items in proper storage locations. Transport goods by hand truck, cart or forklift.
- Prepare DIFM or TIN and FOB by placing them in reusable containers, the specific operations performed being dependent upon the type, size, and number of units to be packed along with the type of container employed
- Comply with all applicable contractual programs and regulations; i.e., tools, safety, security, HAZMAT, support equipment, housekeeping and FOD prevention programs.
- Verify materials against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damage.
- Route materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Store, stack or palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
- Rearrange, inventory and examine stored materials; reporting deterioration/damage.
- Remove material from storage and prepare it for issue/TIN.
- Process inputs to SBSS/IMDS and other computer systems as required.
- Perform janitorial duties for office areas, common areas and latrines.
- Must ensure all applicable PPE is used when required
- Perform other qualified duties as directed.
Knowledge & Skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge in the use of common cleaning materials.
- Ability to use general cleaning tools and equipment.
- Ability to read and write and interpret technical directives.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand American English.
- Able to maintain required Security Clearance
Experience & Education
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Valid Texas vehicle operator’s license is required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Night work may be required
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- No travel required