Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Responsable to Manager, Cabin Mobility & Publications for document control and administration of ePub and the electronic publications platforms (SharePoint, Globe, SmartDoc, Orlando, etc.) as well as other innovation initiatives as assigned. Responsible for managing IFS performance & Operations standards manual and support directly IFS documents systems and oversee the compliance to TP 12295E. Working closely with the Cabin Experience and Excellence Team this manager collaborates with all content contributors as well as technology partners in IT, training, Safety and other operational branches.
- Administer all IFS electronic publications on all distribution platforms including SmartDoc, Globe, Orlando and SharePoint
- Administer ePub, under supervision of Manager, Cabin Mobility & Publications and delegate content changes and updates
- Manage IFS electronic publications architecture, design new pages and drive major layout changes
- Guide, train and support all content Contributors of all publications platforms
- Design, develop & maintain user guides for all document distribution platforms
- Issue and manage accesses to all IFS systems and platforms used for document distribution to Cabin Crew and IFS Management teams
- Maintain content matrix, issue monthly revision & List of Effective Pages and ensure regulatory compliance
- Conduct regular support/checks flights to collect crew feedback, test platforms and foster innovation & continuous improvements
- Maintain IFS publications access policies and business processes
- Create communication articles related to the Innovation & Publication Team updates for the IFS NEWS and coordinate publication with the communication team
- Create and coordinate promotional campaigns of Innovation & Publications Team on HzTV and liaise with the Cabin Experience team for distribution
- Liaison with Corporate communication for Multimedia support
- Create and publish ePUB news post
- Assist technically in the development and support the Cabin Crew Excellence and In-Flight Excellence programs electronic forms
- Assist with development, implementation and support of Cabin Electronic Flight Bag program at Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge
- Contribute to the development of user-friendly tools for cabin crew and IFS managers
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and lead initiatives and innovation project as required.
- Provide support to Manager, Technology Innovation and IFS Publications as required
- Work in close collaboration with Cabin Mobility Analyst and provide support to all members of the Onboard Experience team.
- Expand knowledge of new/different industry Best Practices and incorporate innovative thinking in all areas of work.
- Post-graduate level or equivalent studies in Information Technology, Communications, Applied Science or Business Development is an asset.
License(s), attestation(s), certification(s), association(s) required:
- Flight Attendant qualification is an asset.
Linguistic & technical requirements:
- Ability to communicate fluently in both written and oral English. Bilingual highly desirable
- Ability to use MS Office suite, SharePoint, Pronto Forms, Power Bi, Power App, Globe, Report Link and other IFS systems efficiently. Power App experience is an asset.
- Possess knowledge of Air Canada In-Flight Service Standard Operation Procedures.
- Flight attendant Initial Training with Air Canada’s experience as cabin crew in both domestic and international operations is essential.
- Must demonstrate significant achievements in specific technical areas and/or issues; proven superior interpersonal skills, writing skills and leadership capabilities.
- Effective communication skills and able to influence and persuade others to action.
- Strong Process Management skills and a passion for delivering results.
- Inquisitive, always on the lookout to improve process efficiency, service levels and standardize operations.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to travel.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.