Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Analyst, IT Operations, ensures a safe and reliable technology environment for Air Canada with focus on troubleshooting and operational tasks to support our critical IT services: core infrastructure, applications and digital. The IT Operations Centre team is constantly engaging with the core IT teams to find ways to proactively monitor the environment and develop skills to handle vital operations and is a key enabler of service automation within the IT portfolio.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, IT Operations.
- Act as an initial escalation point for the service desk and other Air Canada IT teams as they identify issues regarding our technology environment.
- Effectively escalate service impacting issues to the correct teams and collaborate to ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible. Preliminary troubleshooting before escalating is required. Proactively respond to alerts by performing correctional tasks to remediate issues and prevent larger issues from occurring.
- Act as a coordinator for the on-duty Major Incident owner including organizing communications and tracking troubleshooting actions in the event of a major incident.
- Provide daily support for the extended IT support teams by performing documented operational procedures that will optimize the systems environment.
- Ensure monitoring tools are tweaked and configured properly to effectively receive proactive alerts.
- Work closely with the IT service management team to identify reoccurring problems within the technical systems and work towards resolution and/or documented procedures to mitigate.
- Work with ITOC BA’s, automation analysts and the extended IT team to expand the ITOC portfolio of services through documenting design, standard operating procedures and other opportunities to provide value.
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third-party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide assistance to cyber defence teams regarding IT certificate management.
- Conduct initial investigations and make proactive decisions in cloud web portals according to IT security procedures.
- Develop knowledge of monitoring tools that will be used to monitor Air Canada's IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the IT operations team to investigate and mitigate repetitive incidents in the IT service.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an enterprise IT environment or global NOC.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the following: IT Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk , Glassbox etc. IT Major Incidents, ITIL process concepts and execution (Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management), ITSM tools and processes, and in an operational technical role under application, infrastructure or network operations support or as a senior team member in a related service.
- Recent Certifications in a related domain such as CCNA, MSCE, AWS, CSP, ITIL, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team and to communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills and a passion for Service Improvement.
- Assets: DevOps, Web and Mobile apps support; Security+ or other security certifications; Linux certifications or experience; Storage knowledge and troubleshooting; CCNA or equivalent networking experience; Certification in ITIL; SolarWinds, Dynatrace, NetScout certification or extensive experience.
- This position requires a high level of availability and flexibility as shift work is a requirement as this role. Shift work might include nights, weekends, statutory holidays, and on-call schedule when needed.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.