Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $22.69/hour
Branch: Airports North America
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is looking for a Technical Data Controller within the maintenance branch. They must demonstrate a strong sense of organization and investigative skills, work autonomously and deliver accurate inventory audit findings in a timely manner
The position is located near the Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, in Dorval. The current salary starts at $22.69/hour, based on experience and according to the Collective Agreement.
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Liaise with other warehouse locations, departments, customers and manufacturer representatives along with internal personnel as required.
- Analyze outputs and extract pertinent technical data from automated systems.
- Strong analytical skills as well as a keen interest and ability to work with data.
- Proficiency with PC (Word, Excel, MS Outlook), a must.
- Ability to shift focus given changing priorities and time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) in dealing with personnel and/or customers - must be a team player.
- Good organizational skills with a strong awareness for precision.
- Possess investigative nature and be self-motivated.
- Knowledge of logistics operations and maintenance programs an asset.
- Must be willing to work shifts and extended hours if or when required.
- Organize and keep safe all aircraft records.
- Conduct daily audits of Technical Logs, work orders, work packages, material packages and related data for accuracy and follow-up on errors or omissions.
- Process component changes ensuring regulatory requirements are met.
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family.
- Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
- Candidates with minimum 3 years Customs experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances depending on the work location. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.