Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the General Manager, System Operations Control, the Operations Control Manager is the point person and team leader in “Day of Operation” for their assigned fleet type.The incumbent is responsible to manage the real-time schedule delivery respecting corporate safety, customer service, and branch objectives.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Responsible to manage the day-of-flight schedule plan and assignments for all fleet groups.
- Oversight responsibility for Operational “Planning Unit” consisting of an Aircraft Routing Manager, Passenger Movement Manager, and Crew Network Manager.
- Ensure Planning Unit is operating at utmost efficiency through briefings, utilizing appropriate expertise, and timely communication.
- Responsible to action and maintain multi-level and multi-directional communications with key internal and external interfaces and ensure total product delivery.
- Proactively maintain an awareness of developing operating constraints to ensure the best corporate plan or solution is delivered.
- Ensure valid day-of-flight opportunities, constraints and recovery options are identified by Operating Branches, and that Customer impact and downline implications are considered in the decision-making process.
- Responsible to capture and maintain performance management information.
- Identify issues/weaknesses in the current schedule to the appropriate planning functions.
- Initiate activities related to bomb threats, extortion and aircraft accidents.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt easily to constantly changing situations, confidence to make quick, effective decisions.
- Leadership qualities and abilities.
- Capable of working in a subjective environment.
- Goal oriented with positive and creative approach for problem solving.
- Proven proactive problem-solving capabilities in team environment.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of operating Branches, including responsibilities and procedures of each.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of automation; personal computer skills an asset.
- Flexibility to cover multiple shifts over a 24/7 Operation.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.