Reporting to the Check Manager the Shift Supervisor will lead the shift, carry certification on the zones/Area of the aircraft assigned to the shift. The shift supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the shift resources are allocated efficiently. In support of the Aircraft Check Manager the Shift Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring company procedures are adhered to, along with all stated health and safety requirements.
- To stand in for the Aircraft Check manager when required
- The on-time delivery of customer aircraft to the required standard to the satisfaction of the customer
- Management of the customer work pack and all associated paperwork in line with regulatory requirements and company procedures and if required, the issuing of the final CRS post maintenance.
- Controlling, supervising, and allocating work tasks upon the shift
- Ensure correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities. This includes ensuring all shift members use the MRO system to accurately book their time to the correct aircraft/maintenance task.
- Supporting the Check Manager in the management, development and training of direct reporting staff using performance appraisals and competency assessments
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Perform maintenance tasks and certify using privileges of part 66 licence.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of requirements and any associated changes in relation to company health and safety policies and procedures as they apply to aircraft maintenance operations, with specific focus on working at height and the use of plant & machinery.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with company requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Maintain the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards and ensure all company and legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with.
- Ensuring personal licence and authorisation remain valid.
- Ad hoc project work as required within the scope of the role.
Communication and Working Relationships
Senior Management: The Shift Supervisor shall provide information to Senior Management as required.
Mid-Management: The Shift Supervisor shall provide information to, Commercial Manager and Base Maintenance Manager as required.
Lower levels: The Shift Supervisor shall provide information to Planning, Production and Safety and compliance departments as required.
The Shift supervisor shall liaise with the customer, CAMO, OEM and sub-contractors concerning all requirements, ensuring all are correctly interpreted and processed. The Shift supervisor shall hold stand up production meetings daily with customer and engineering team.
The Shift supervisor does not have any budget responsibility but must understand and manage the budget ascribed to the hangar.
- The role is based in a hangar environment. On a 5 on 4 off shift pattern, from 07:00 – 19:00 12-hour shifts.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Qualification & Education:
- A recognized apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- EASA Part 66 License, B1 or B2 and C License holder on at least 2 aircraft types on company’s approval
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role, desirable
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience of managing departmental Health & Safety & Compliance
- Completed IOSH managing safely course.
Training & Knowledge:
- Technical experience in aviation and able to demonstrate knowledge of airworthiness regulation, MOE, MEL and its use, SRM understanding and the limits of technical data and the impact of that.
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- High standard of English language (written and oral)
- High standard of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Private dental insurance
- Referral programme
- UK visa sponsorship