Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Regional Sales, has the overall responsibility for increasing Air Canada's market share and profitability of a defined group of accounts within a region. The Manager, Regional Sales will be responsible for planning, establishing, and implementing regional sales strategies, goals, and key performance indicators that support Air Canada's business objectives and revenue targets. The Manager, Regional Sales will also ensure alignment with the overall objectives of the Global Sales branch of Air Canada.
- Manage a defined group of accounts and trade relationships within a region; responsible for developing and strengthening relationships with assigned accounts.
- Conduct regular product and sales presentations to promote Air Canada; update, foster, and grow business relationships as the primary interface between the agencies and Air Canada.
- Effectively manage the sales territory / account’s overall revenue performance and profitability and cost of sales acquisition; establish priorities, implement revenue strategies, and follow-up on results.
- Create account objectives that focus on revenue retention, market share improvement, and incremental growth.
- Resolve client questions and issues related to Air Canada; provide first-response solutions to accounts.
- Liaise with internal departments and branches to support corporate objectives; efficiently communicate market / account feedback to appropriate stakeholders and work cross-functionally to develop solutions.
- Collaborate and work with JV partners to grow JV presence and revenue expansion.
- Interpret & analyze internal reports to identify areas of opportunity Conduct regular territory and individual account performance reviews and identify areas of client underperformance to implement corrective measures.
- Manage assigned account/agency clients to target and Incentive Commission Plan.
- Monitor, analyze and report on competitive industry activity and information.
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Tourism Partnerships teams to support relationship development with various industry and community organizations as required.
- Represent Air Canada and JV partners with various industry, government, community, and business organizations.
- Provide representation at events as required
- At least 5 years’ work experience in client-facing roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and/or a minimum of five (5) years of pertinent experience in a "client revenue management" environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Very strong analytical skills when dealing with complex data and industry information.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands.
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours and travel expectations.
- Proficiency with PC Windows applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.