Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager Crew Accommodation and Transportation, this position will manage crew (pilot and flight attendant) hotel and ground transportation administration including planning, site visits, hotel selection process and quality management.
- Conduct site visits to evaluate accommodation and transportation alternatives with teams that include union representatives (pilots and flight attendants) and representative(s) from 3rd party hotel sourcing supplier(s)
- Become the subject matter expert on accommodation and transportation requirements
- Develop and maintain processes as selection criteria changes and evolves
- Propose recommendations and solutions based on site visits as defined by manager
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and action approved recommendations
- Propose policy changes and protocols for approval by direct manager
- Analyze and monitor category spend. Identify root cause of issues and recommend solutions
- Develop automation of the Pilot and Flight Attendant hotel accommodation and ground transportation requirements, usage, and cost
- Set up monthly hotel file for both Pilots and Flight Attendants; verify and adjust as needed in coordination with API and the Pairing Production Team
- Collaborate with Crew Resources teams regarding hotel usage and future requirements
- Establish new hotel & ground transportation reports to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Manage vendor quality assurance issues, including complaints/comments about hotel or transportation services. Work with 3rd party vendor to address significant hotel quality issues
- Conduct hotel quality and performance audits
- Conduct special analyses as required by the Crew Administration team
- Prepare and distribute required hotel reports and assure the timely and accurate reporting on hotel analysis and data trends
- Assist Crew Scheduling with day-of-operations issues related to crew hotels and transportation, especially for irregular operations
- Additional duties as required to support the department
- Post-secondary University/College degree in business or related field
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers while using a high degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and accommodate changing priorities
- Knowledge and experience using Crew Netline, an asset
- Operational knowledge, an asset
- Knowledge of other Air Canada systems such as Communicator, Globe etc., an asset
- Previous experience working with collective agreements, in particular the Air Canada/ACPA Collective Agreement and/or Air Canada/CUPE (Airline division/Air Canada Component) Collective Agreement, an asset
- Crew Resources and/or Hotel Management experience, an asset
- Flexibility with work hours/days to support the operation and travel extensively is essential
- Ability to be on call as needed to support day of operations is required, this includes holidays and weekends
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.