Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Director, Network Planning – North America, the Manager, Network Planning is responsible for the design and development of future flight schedules for the Air Canada fleet and to meet corporate objectives for profitability, growth, and competitive position. This role plays an integral role in optimizing profitability of the North America network.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Domestic and Transborder flying schedules to maximize profitability and meet our Global Carrier objectives:
- Analyzing current route performance
- Determining capacity adjustments
- Optimizing flight timings to ensure passenger connectivity in our Hubs
- New route opportunities analysis and implementation
- Continuously monitor booking trends and adjust plans accordingly
- Ensure optimal, cost-effective fleet deployment including Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Rouge
- Communicate Network objectives and provide direction to internal stakeholders: Revenue Management, Sales, Finance, Community Relations, Operational branches, Alliances …
- Develop and present strategic projects and analysis to senior management & executives on network initiatives
- Act as a point of contact with external stakeholders such as Airports, Communities and partner airlines while ensuring Air Canada’s best interest
- Continuously monitor events that would impact the aviation landscape such as socio-economic changes, competitive actions, business news, fuel price, which could present opportunities or threats, and proactively proposing adjustments to Air Canada’s flying plan
- Develop and present analysis to senior management that supports business cases to achieve various network, profitability and competitive objectives.
- Minimum 5+ years of Airline or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Economics or Business preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills and able to multitask
- Strong knowledge of commercial principals of Airline planning
- Strong ability to produce and present compelling analysis and business cases
- Self-starter and able to work well under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada’s Network and markets an asset
- Previous Network Planning, Scheduling, Revenue Management or Finance experience an asset
- Keen interest in aviation and airline business
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.