Airbus, the world's leading Aircraft manufacturer, has an exciting new job opportunity to join the Wing Analysis Engineering Team working with the Plant Engineering Team based in Broughton, UK.
We are located alongside the Broughton wing assembly lines manufacturing Single Aisle, Long Range and A350 wings, and so have the fantastic opportunity to see the physical product every day.
The Broughton Plant provides the Wings for around half of all aircraft deliveries across the world each year.
The Plant is a modern and exciting place to work and is located within the beautiful countryside and beaches of Cheshire and North Wales and close to the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and historic Chester.
We are a team of Structural Engineers who are a mixture of technical specialists and engineering leads who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support AIRBUS Wing products.
You will be operating as a Stress Engineer within our Broughton Wing Plant Engineering Team (PET) working alongside our existing stress analysts.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Static structural analysis, composite and metallic.
- Ability to analyse and validate Metallic, Composites / Hybrids structures at component level for Static strength, F&DT and produce relevant strength margins or reserve factors according to validated and applicable Airbus methods & sizing processes.
- Ability to provide stress analyses for the repair/acceptance of metallic, composites/hybrids structures.
- Ensure airworthiness requirements for aircraft structures.
- Ideally held T400 concessions approval for stress but not an essential
- Airbus would be open to candidates who don't hold an approval but have relevant stress and/or concessions experience
- Experience with other aircrafts, military aircraft or product knowledge
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.