Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Analyst, Data & Analytics, plays a pivotal role in the success of technology projects at Air Canada. This role works closely with Business and Business Partnership teams to develop data requirements for all projects, including but not limited to pure analytics and AI initiatives. At the other end of the spectrum, the Business Data Analyst will work with Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Delivery teams within the Data and Analytics organization to convert the data requirements into technical specifications.
- Work closely with Business and Business partnership teams to collect data requirements that support the development of analytical components of projects.
- Translate business data requirements into pure data requirements, aligned with data governance policies and data architecture.
- Evaluate feasibility and best technology fit for analytics initiatives.
- Work as liaison between Data Delivery team and Business stakeholders to ensure delivery meets the business need.
- Work with other data analysts to identify synergies in support of their goals.
- Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making.
- Help build develop and evolve the Business Data Analysis practice.
- Become the point of contact and reference for knowledge and expertise around data for stakeholder teams.
- Collaborate with other data teams and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Prepare presentations & documentation to run scoping and feasibility sessions with business stakeholders and technical experts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Analytic.
- 3+ years of IT technology or operations related experience in a large company.
- Certifications in business analytics, such as CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) would be a plus.
- Track record working with data from multiple sources and willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or Snowflake) and data warehousing.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops with different types of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and resilience to work under tight deadlines and adjust to rapidly changing conditions.
- Bias to action in search of business objectives with focus on meeting customer expectations.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.