Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Learning and Development – Cargo, the Cargo Training Delivery Manager will efficiently lead, coordinate, and participate in all components of Air Canada Cargo’s learning and development activities system-wide in accordance to standards and regulatory requirements.
These components include, but are not limited to, managing the Airport/Cargo Trainer 2, logistical and administration tasks, planning and coordination of training activities, communication liaison between station managers and Airport/Cargo Trainers 2, establishing training plans & budget, training program design, development, and support, strategic planning, reporting, and record maintenance using a learning management system, as well as evaluation of training programs.
It is expected that this individual will foster the collaborative and enthusiastic culture that drives success and growth and strive to maintain the strong working relationships established with Air Canada Cargo personnel.
- Manage the team of Cargo Training Instructors across Canada.
- Manage staffing levels and scheduling plans to deliver all training programs within the organization.
- Assist with the preparation of the Cargo operating budget, by updating the training projections.
- Prepare & manage Cargo training budget (6289)
- Represent Cargo training in regulatory & quality audits (CEIV, CargoIQ, IOSA etc.)
- Source & manage all logistical contracts for participants attending training outside of their home base to include hotel, transportation, expenses etc.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with the team.
- Identify, organize, schedule and coordinate learning and development activities, according to business needs, available resources and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and maintain the training schedule(s) and act as the liaison between station managers’ training requirements and the Cargo training team.
- Strategically map out training plans to deliver training programs, according to business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct organization-wide needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and quality of delivery using various measurement tools.
- Maintain the learning management system, training records, and establish quality reporting.
- Continuously analyze current training programs and evaluate instructional effectiveness.
- 3+ years demonstrated work experience in training and training design.
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and training delivery for adult learners.
- Ability to support a dynamic group of individuals.
- Proven working experience in coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and possess strong project management skills.
- Must be able to react positively to changing priorities and a fast-paced environment.
- Must be tactful, professional, and be able to build trust and rapport with others.
- Must possess strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Recognized University degree in Education, Adult Education, or Educational Technology.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.