Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Senior Analyst, Data & Analytics plays a pivotal role in the success of technology projects at Air Canada. This role works closely with Business and Business Partnership teams to develop data requirements for all projects, including but not limited to pure analytics and AI initiatives. At the other end of the spectrum, the Analyst will work with Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Delivery teams within the Data and Analytics organization to convert the data requirements into technical specifications.
This position will be reporting to Senior Manager, Data & AI Strategy and Planning.
- Work closely with Business and Business partnership teams to collect data requirements that support the development of analytical components of projects.
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business data requirements into pure data requirements, aligned with data governance policies and data architecture.
- Consolidate requirements and become data strategy lead across a data domain.
- Provide management with the economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions.
- Responsible for actively supporting the development and enhancement of processes, priorities and goals for the functional area.
- Evaluate feasibility and best technology fit for analytics initiatives.
- Work as liaison between Data Delivery team and Business stakeholders to ensure delivery meets the business need. Provide support to other data analysts and help identify synergies in pursuit of their goals.
- Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making.
- Establish standards for Business Data Analysis practices and oversee compliance.
- Become the point of contact and reference for knowledge and expertise around data for stakeholder teams.
- Balance technical depth with business acumen to deliver on tactical and strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with other data teams and organizational leaders to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Prepare presentations & documentation to run scoping and feasibility sessions with business stakeholders and technical experts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science or Business Analytics.
- 6+ years of IT technology or operations related experience in a large company.
- Certifications in business analytics, such as CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) considered an asset.
- Track record working with data from multiple sources and willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or Snowflake) and data warehousing.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading and facilitating workshops with different types of stakeholders.
- Flexibility and resilience to work under tight deadlines and adjust to rapidly changing conditions.
- Bias to action in search of business objectives with focus on meeting customer expectations.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.