Location: Montreal, QC, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $33.42/hour
Category: Unionized (IAMAW)
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
A vacancy exists for Technical Writer Aeronautics on the Engineering team at Air Canada, reporting to Manager of System Configuration and Technical Publications.
- Using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Writer, and/or existing technical publications systems ensure all aircraft, engine and component documentation and associated instructions are up to date and include all current information.
- Write technical procedures in a clear, concise and safe manner.
- Implement Air Canada approved changes to vendor publications.
- Interpret Air Canada Engineering Instructions and vendor Service Bulletins and update required publications as necessary.
- Maintain engineering specifications and related engine and component documents.
- Liaise with Engineering to ensure specification documents and/or system are revised per engineering requirements.
- Set up maintenance requirements for tracking and planning in M&E (Maintenance and Engineering) system
- Support the engineering team to ensure instructions meet all latest requirements.
- Participate in Team meetings.
- Set up Part Number requirements for configuration, purchasing and logistics
- Diploma from a Transport Canada approved school and/or qualified mechanic an asset.
- Experience in the aerospace industry a definite asset.
- Ability to write clear, concise and safe instructions, strong attention to detail a necessity.
- Should be familiar with ATA iSpec 2200 standards and aircraft and engine manuals.
- High degree of proficiency in Windows based PC software (i.e. Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat, as a minimum).
- Experience with HTML/XML/S1000D and SGML document management systems a definite asset.
- Experience with planning and scheduling systems an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capability to handle many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to develop more efficient authoring and publishing processes.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a dynamic office environment as part of a team.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.