Location: St. John, NB, Canada (Onsite)
Starting Salary: $17.00/hour
Branch: Contact Centers
Category: Unionized (UNIFOR)
Job type: Full-time
Right now, Air Canada is looking for Customer Sales and Service Agents to join our Contact Centre team. These positions are vitally important to our continued success as you will often be a customer’s first point of contact. So, creating a great first impression will be down to you. Are you up for the challenge?
If you love working with people and take pride in delivering memorable customer service, then you could be just moments away from landing your perfect role.
What your day-to-day looks like:
As a Customer Sales and Service Agent, you will provide exceptional customer service by answering every call promptly, courteously, and professionally. You will also:
- Be a knowledgeable source of information regarding flights, fares, destinations, and special offers
- Use Air Canada’s in-house reservation system to make new flight reservations or modify existing bookings
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing timely resolutions to customer inquiries.
Take a look at this video to find out more about the Customer Sales and Service Agent role: https://youtu.be/aTKy5mJ3fdE
As one of the leading employers in Canada, we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You will be eligible for travel privileges for yourself and other eligible persons once you’ve completed twenty-eight (28) weeks of service.
We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans, including health and dental, for you and your family
Training and development tools to help unlock your full potential
Required skills and experience
This role is vital for our customer satisfaction. Here’s what’s key to ensure your success:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to attend and successfully pass our approximately twelve (12) week full-time paid initial training program.
- Available to work shifts (we are a 24/7 operation)
- Able to find creative solutions to complex customer situations
- An effective, self-motivated multi-tasker who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively and independently with computer applications and online tools
- Strong communication skills
- Eligible to work in Canada
Candidates must speak English fluently. Priority will be given to candidates who speak English and French. As Canada's most international airline, we would love to know if you can speak one or more of the following languages in addition to English: French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, or Mandarin.
- Customer service experience within a Call Centre environment
- Previous travel industry experience
- Working knowledge of computer applications and the internet
Let your career take flight
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth and expansion of Canada’s largest airline. Come onboard with us and watch your career take flight.
Diversity and inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.