Are you passionate about aerospace technology? Do you like working in a multicultural and creative environment? Then Destinus could be the right place for you!
We are an aerospace technology company founded under the belief that in the future, distance shouldn’t matter at all. We are therefore building a fleet of near-space vehicles and the associated infrastructures to support the world’s fastest transportation network. We define a new class of fast: our mission is to bring instantly your stuff at the other part of the world – and we mean it literally.
In your role of Vehicle concepts and aerodynamic analysis Engineer, you will belong to the Aero Chapter. As part of the Aero Chapter, you will be responsible for the vehicle concept sizing, aircraft designing, tools verifications and aerodynamic analysis in different software. You will be interacting with the Destinus System team (in particular for the tool verifications and sizing tasks). You will be a part of our engineering team and interact with all engineering disciplines to resolve new issues as they arise.
• To contribute to the development of supersonic and hypersonic vehicles, making preliminary sizing, design and aerodynamic analysis using computational capabilities;
• Verification and validation of different software for aerodynamic analysis;
• Support of mission design activities;
• Optimization of flight trajectories;
• Scientific search and processing of information about aerodynamics and shapes of supersonic and hypersonic vehicles;
• To evaluate vehicle performance and to iterate with system design team;
• To collaborate with the System Engineering Chapter about the vehicle sizing and design, verification and validation of tools.
• BS., MS., Ph.D in an Aerospace; • Required experience in an Aerospace/ Aerodynamic Engineering (in Space/ Aerospace will be advantage): BS – 4 years, MS – 2 years, PhD – 1 year;
• Good knowledge of CFD programs (Ansys Fluent, Star CCM+ etc);
• Good knowledge of OpenVSP program;
• Good knowledge of CAD programs;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Good communication skills, proactive attitude, and problem-solving skills;
• The ability to work to strict timescales as part of an integrated, multidiscipline team, as well as autonomously.
Preferred skills & experience:
• Good knowledge in Python / Matlab programming;
• Fluent English is a must;
• Spanish would be an advantage.
• Learning opportunities: Language courses
• Lineal organization and flexible working hours
• Company events and free lunch with the team once a week
• Relocation process package and the possibility to visit different working locations
• Competitive salary
• Diversity: We value diversity in our company and our teams. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, colour, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
• Fruits and soft drinks
• Local events