At Flux Aviation we believe that the future of flight is electric. A future where flying is clean, quiet and affordable. We are making this vision possible by developing some of the highest-performance electric motors and batteries that will power next generation electric aircraft. But to reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team.
Flux Aviation was founded by a team of senior engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and Formula 1. But we are bound by a common passion for flying and a vision of electric flight for all.
You will be architecting, prototyping, building, and designing the hardware for our next-generation electric propulsion systems. You will be responsible for key system decisions that affect the final performance and reliability of our products.
If you want to lead the design and create products that will change the way we fly, we want you as a Senior Electronics Engineer.
- Push the capabilities of EV battery technologies by creating innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Be a technical leader within a group of mechanical, systems and electrical engineers, designing, reviewing and guiding junior colleagues’ work
- Lead product development across the entire lifecycle from idea, through prototyping and into high-volume production and regulatory certification
- Architect the numerous subsystems of an electric powertrain for performance, manufacturability and reliability
- Engineer the highest-performance battery modules on the market
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
- Have experience leading complicated, cross-disciplinary engineering projects
- Strong understanding of circuit theory and electronics fundamentals
- Sound PCB design skills and proficiency in EDA software
- FMEA reliability assessment and regulatory standards testing experience
- Experience developing hardware in the loop systems
- Can prototype your own designs in our well equipped workshop
- Enthusiasm for troubleshooting and debugging skills with electronic hardware
- Have proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C, C++ and Git.
- 3+ years industry experience
- Have experience designing and testing electronics to relevant automotive or aerospace standards on safety critical systems
- Direct experience of high voltage systems design, integration, and testing
- Broad knowledge of electric or hybrid propulsion systems, battery management systems (BMS), DC-DC converters and power electronics
- Aerospace/Aviation experience (private pilot, model aircraft, drones)
- Robust employee share option scheme
- Flexible work hours
- 30 days of annual leave
- Free on-site gym membership
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- And of course… unlimited use of our workshop
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of aviation.