Group Leader, Aircraft Technical Training
The Group Leader, Aircraft Technical Training is responsible to the Manager, Aircraft Technical Training for the planning and delivery of aircraft maintenance technician training in support of CAE's overall goals and objectives. This role is focused on the day-to-day operational requirements of business aircraft training at the local Training Centre.
Role and Responsibilities
- Selection, management, and deployment of staff to ensure that training standards are maintained, regulatory and training solutions are employed in order to support and deliver Technical Training for the business aviation market.
- The Group Leader will provide input to the Manager, Aircraft Technical Training for general strategies of Technical Training to improve business performance.
- The Group Leader will ensure application of continuous improvement initiatives, leveraging Six Sigma methodologies, with resulting improvements in productivity and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for Technical Training department revenue achievement.
- Oversee Technical Training product development, course configurations and publications.
- Facilitate and coordinate with Sales, Courseware, Quality, Regulatory, and Client Services departments for approvals, development, scheduling, and delivery of Technical Training programs.
- Oversee course documentation to include training delivery summary, client attendance, performance records and completion documents.
- Oversee instructor documentation to include instructor training and qualification records.
- Contribute to continued productive relationships with OEM's.
- Interact with clients during their training experience to ensure that their training meets all CTQ's.
- Frequent overseas travel will be required as part of the role
- Accountable to the Manager Aircraft Technical Training.
- Ensure that knowledge examiners and instructors are fully trained and assessed regularly for competence.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to these personnel are kept up to date.
- Ensure that all approved courses and examinations are delivered to the standard and level of knowledge as specified by the applicable regulations.
- Ensure that all training staff meets the requirements of the MTOM and the training procedures.
- Ensure that staff development and update training is undertaken and recorded.
- Ensure that the security, validity and review of examinations meet the requirements of the MTOE.
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Inform the Quality Manager of all off-site training courses prior to conduct of the course.
You will need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 license is required. Preferred if both B1 and B2 are possessed.
- Multiple type ratings preferred.
- Must have a minimum ten (10) years of aircraft maintenance experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory or management role.
- Minimum of two (2) years as an aircraft maintenance technical Instructor.
- Working knowledge of aircraft maintenance regulations required such as part 66, 147 etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand P&L basics and budgeting
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Computer literate, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent remuneration
- Unrivaled opportunities to progress within the organisation
- The opportunity to work with the very latest in aircraft technologies
Equal Employment Opportunity At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception. As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team. At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.
CAE Parc Aviation is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy.