Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Market Research is responsible for leading the design and delivery of a variety of quantitative or and qualitative research initiatives addressing key strategic issues for internal Air Canada clients.
Ideally, the individual in this role will design and implement primary research initiatives and will act as a subject matter expert for various matters related to Air Canada’s research needs. The Manager, Market Research will also leverage secondary data to develop key analysis to drive insights in support of Air Canada business objectives that deliver on customer, loyalty, marketing, and business strategies. The role requires strong knowledge and practical experience of marketing research to drive the development of actionable insights that ultimately create business results for our clients. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role within the organization, working with a multitude of internal client teams, including Brand, Marketing, Loyalty, Revenue Management, and Customer Care.
Specifically, the Manager, Market Research will focus on these critical areas:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development and implementation of proprietary market research measurement tools, methodologies, and studies to deliver high quality insights
- Manage/optimize tracking studies to monitor key performance metrics
- Collaborate with the wider Analytics team to optimize and further integrate the use of research data/findings within the organization
- Manage Air Canada’s relationship with 3rd party research suppliers related to research initiatives
- Collaborate closely and in partnership with contractors who assist the Research team in managing projects for internal clients and potential partners
- Deliver and present research reports that summarize complex research findings into clear actionable insights
- Establish strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to further add value to partners/clients/business strategy through market research
- Be the recognized expert in the understanding and use of Air Canada’s research data assets for research initiatives
- Ensure the Marketing Research team produces key analysis with accuracy and integrity and based on best research practices
- Assist in coaching junior researchers within the team and in conducting the quality control on their work
- Be an ambassador for Air Canada within the professional marketing research community
Undergraduate degree, preferably in statistics, mathematics, BI, economics, or other quantitative fields
5+ years of experience working in a Marketing Research agency or Consulting firm and/or within a Marketing Research team on the client side
Ability to design and lead complex quantitative and qualitative research projects
Strong understanding of various research methodologies, statistical concepts, and data analysis
Strong quantitative and analytics skills
Strong interest in Marketing and in Customer Experience
Strategic thinking with astute business sense; ability to gather and synthesize data into actionable insights / recommendations
Keen attention to detail
Superior organizational, time management and planning skills
Thrives in a fast-moving environment with high tolerance for stress and change
Professionalism and confidence to deliver to senior levels of the business
Proven ability to communicate effectively and succinctly using PowerPoint
Excellent business writing and presentation skills
Occasional Travel (Montreal/Toronto)
Master’s degree in a related discipline
Held a role with either client facing experience and/or strategy experience
Experience with consumer panels
Experience in the Loyalty, Financial, Travel and/or Retail sectors
Fluent in both French and English (written and spoken)
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.