Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Business Development Manager to lead our Cargo sales efforts and drive growth for our company in Gatwick, UK.
Do you have a proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with customers in the Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Energy, Automotive, Government, Humanitarian and/or Freight Forwarding sectors?
Do you have excellent communication and negotiation skills and are driven to exceed sales targets?
If you want to thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team, we want to hear from you.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To proactively identify, target and secure business opportunities for the products in the region
- To build strong, productive relationships with new and existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities
- To assist growing the products across the region working in conjunction with brokers and leadership teams in the UK
- Develop the Sales Strategies (for the region) and implementing related business objectives across the region in line with the Head of Business Development - Cargo, as well as with the UK General Manager
- Working in conjunction with Cargo and Humanitarian broker teams to develop with them, region-specific plans in line with the Sales Strategies in place and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, to generate further business
- To proactively identify opportunities to grow the business in the region in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met
- In line with the agreed Cargo Sales Strategies, to be responsible for the management, sourcing, performance and monitoring of group incentive arrangements with customers, suppliers and GSA relationships on a local and regional level
- Generate sales activity for all products for all customers/freight forwarders on a regional and local perspective
- Continuously source for new operators/suppliers (carriers) to ensure necessary relationships are built and an increase in active clients is achieved ongoing
Qualities We Look For
- 5+ years of experience in sales within the field
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Managerial skills
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.