CAE Parc Aviation are proud to work with our client, a low cost U.S. carrier, in their search for a strategic Director of Materials
Develop and execute strategies to optimize the procurement and management of aircraft parts, materials, and maintenance-related services. Manage the company's parts and maintenance services procurement, component repair, and parts sales.
- Provide leadership to Material Services, Materials Planning, Technical Purchasing, and Aircraft Parts Repair Management functions.
- Materials Planning: Model future requirements for inventory by item and location to assure the appropriate quantity and dispersion of parts, materials, and other supplies to support the operation.
- Technical Purchasing: Negotiate larger item purchases and services contracts.
- Materials Services: Coordinate parts needs with maintenance shift managers.
- Aircraft Parts Repair Management: Manages vendors and cycle times to assure a supply of high-quality rotatable components sufficient to meet the requirements of aircraft maintenance.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets, monitor monthly activity, and report on results.
- Interface with the Directors of Maintenance, Heavy Maintenance, Quality, and Reliability to assure the efficacy of planning decisions.
- Previous Aviation leadership roles in operations management and/or materials planning with experience in analytical modeling and/or programming are most desirable. Financial and/or vendor management with negotiation experience is also a plus.
- Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
- Good leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
- Must have the right to work and live in the U.S.
- Must be prepared to undergo a criminal background check if successful
- Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations.
Full Time Benefits:
- Profit Sharing
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/ Disability Insurance
- 401K with an employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flight Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Competitive salary + bonus + incentives
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being part of this exciting opportunity apply today and one of our consultants will be in touch with the details.
CAE Parc Aviation, acting on behalf of our client, is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all work seekers.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy.