Swiss based Dufour Aerospace is developing an eVTOL platform based on tilt-wing technology to make future manned and unmanned electric and hybrid electric aircraft a reality. Dufour’s prototypes have already flown many hundreds of flights – both manned and unmanned. The combination of VTOL operation, aircraft design and software development expertise puts Dufour Aerospace at the forefront of Advanced Air Mobility.
We are seeking a passionate Drone Operator to join our team. In this multi-disciplinary role, you will be responsible for continuously testing our small-scale tilt-wing drones on a daily basis.
The role also includes hands-on mechanical and electrical work to keep the fleet in shape, improve and adapt aspects of the design, and repair damages. In our dynamic start-up environment, you will need to be adaptable, and there is a great deal of room for growth.
Your responsibilities are:
- Daily operation of drone test platforms (ground & airborne)
- Writing test protocols and reporting discovered issues
- Interfacing with various teams and providing technical feedback
- Building up new platforms, maintaining equipment and fleet
You are required to bring:
- Experience in UAV-related projects (professionally, hobby, academically)
- Passion for R/C model or drone building and flying
- Accurate worker with high-quality awareness
- Hands-on experience with basic R&D tools (3D printers, CAD, soldering iron)
- Excellent problem-solving, and communication skills
- Easy to work with, adaptable, open-minded, and a team player attitude
- High level of English language proficiency: speaking, reading, and writing
Desirably you have:
- Open-category drone license (A3)
- Knowledge C++ & Python
- Knowledge and experience in tilt-rotor and/or VTOL aerodynamics and flight controls
We offer flexible working hours with the possibility to get individual tasks done from home. We fuel our employees with coffee, tea, and snacks and do our utmost to provide whatever enables them to perform their best. Everyone in the company is free to organize or participate in social lunch opportunities and events.
Dufour Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.