Are you ready to charter your own career?
The runway to success in global aviation begins here…
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a global brand where you can use your skills, be part of a diverse team and grow with a dynamic company?
We are looking for a Trainee Passenger Charter Broker in the UK, Gatwick, who has several years of experience in a similar role, thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with the global Chapman Freeborn Airchartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To develop knowledge, skills and behaviour to be an effective Passenger Charter Broker.
- To build strong, productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Key Job Responsibilities
All tasks to be undertaken with the support and guidance of more experienced colleagues
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers for offers.
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided for clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards confirmation.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with CF charter agreement.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
- Pre-qualifying requests.
- Compiling responses.
- Negotiating with suppliers.
- Putting together offer template presentations.
- Making timely offers to clients.
- Verifying supplier contracts in detail and ensuring all terms comply with CF charter agreement.
- All of the above is to be undertaken with the use of internal systems (Awery / SLX) and other systems/sources where appropriate.
- Assist Passenger Team in responding to commercial charter requests efficiently whilst creating a professional rapport with our clients.
- Select appropriate solutions to satisfy clients’ requirements, provide an accurate quote and establish effective dialogue with the client.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the passenger team and other offices.
- Keep up to date with activities of other passenger brokers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicating this to colleagues and other airlines to maximise sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Use initiative to identify new and potential areas for business development.
- Develop new business through initiative, follow up on news leads, client recommendations and pro-active networking.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Cold call prospective clients to help build on our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- In a timely manner, as defined by the Manager, record all pertinent customer prospect information in the Company CRM system: Quotes inquiries, charter contracts terms & conditions, aircraft availability, clients’ profiles, sales activity (as applicable) and industry developments.
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports, operators and handlers.
- Act as representative for a number of aircraft charters to gain experience of different aircraft capacities and their performances.
- Ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
- Ensure all invoices are raised with correct and accurate information and paid to a specified time scale.
- To work in correlation with Group Passenger Operations Director, Group Passenger Sales Director, Passenger Charter Manager, Passenger Charter Broker, Trainee Passenger Broker across the group (where applicable).
- To work in conjunction with the yearly strategies laid out by the Board of Directors, Senior Management and Management Teams
- Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events, where applicable to the job role
- Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures.
- To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the team.
Qualities We Look For
- Passion for the industry.
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to structure and prioritise workload
- Attention to detail.
What’s It In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
- Unlimited access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning platform
With almost 50 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Chapman Freeborn is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
Chapman Freeborn aims to promote equality, diversity, fairness and respect for future and current staff at all levels of the organization. We aim to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and to ensure that the talent and skills of all individuals are maximized.