Echelon Air Flight Training is an accredited Cirrus Training Centre and the leading UK based private aviation service provider. They are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed Head of Training to join their team.
An Echelon student’s journey is far from typical…
A new client sent us an enquiry with zero flight hours. We created a personalised training plan that put their goals at the centre of the training, keeping them engaged, interested and constantly moving towards those goals at all times. We took them all around Europe during their training focussing specifically on the trips they were likely to take regularly as a license holder for both business and pleasure. Once they had their PPL, they had the confidence to fly around Europe to major international airports with their family. From there, we continued their training towards an instrument rating and developing their skills to further their mission on the Cirrus. We introduced them to aircraft ownership and soon we helped them acquire and train-on their very own high-performance piston. As their experience grew, so did their mission, and soon they were ready to make the step to flying a light-turbine. Again, we assisted with purchasing, training and management, with their first flight instructor growing alongside into turbine operations. Today, Echelon Air supports their piston and turbine ownership through continued training events and aircraft management.
Does this sound like something you can do?
Taking a client on a journey like this requires creative thinking, a strong duty-of care, building deep connections and delivering a consistently high-level of service to our clients’ everchanging needs. Our core values are key to this…
· Service mindset. Put the customer in control of their aviation journey and deliver a highly personalised service.
· Takes ownership. Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed.
· Takes control. Lead the day’s training activities with clients and solves small issues as they arise, demonstrating flexibility in ensuring their client’s needs are met.
- Responds creatively. Keep clients motivated and engaged in flying activities.
· High standards of commercial integrity. Foster an atmosphere of safety across all areas of the business.
· Growth mindset. Proactively seek opportunities to expand the training business and foster shared progress and advancement.
· Adventurous. Passionate about travel with the ability to create and lead tailor-made flight training and experience trips throughout Europe.
If you share in our values, make sure you tell us why. As part of your application, you’ll be asked to complete a cover note. This is a key part of your assessment! Make sure you give this some thought - we read each one carefully when assessing your fit for the Echelon team.
How you’ll contribute:
- Supervision and standardisation training of all flight instructors.
- Accountability for flying activities, including adherence to local and regulatory requirements as it pertains to flight training and aircraft rentals.
- Establishing a recurrent training schedule for all stakeholders’ renters, members, and instructors.
- Take control of the training program, assess, and update the school’s manuals, responding to changes in regulation and keep syllabi up to date.
- Preparing training plans and maintaining student records.
- Deliver tailor-made training that fits in with our client’s schedules.
What you’ll get in return:
- An industry-leading salary of £75,000 per annum plus performance bonus.
- Inclusion in company profit share scheme.
- Company pension with matched contributions.
- Great opportunities to travel around the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Private usage of company owned aircraft at a discounted rate.
- Flexible working pattern as determined by client needs.
To be eligible, you’ll have the following minimum experience:
· A current UK CAA CPL.
· A current and valid instrument rating.
· An unrestricted Flight Instructor Rating with Instrument Rating Instructor qualification.
· More than 500hrs flight instruction given.
· A valid Class 1 medical certificate.
· ICAO LEVEL 5 proficiency in the English Language.
· Able to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
· The ability to obtain a Basic Disclosure certificate through via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) with respect to any “unspent” criminal convictions. (Include in advert but not in pre-screen questions)
We also really value those who have:
· > 1000hrs total time.
- Previous experience leading a flight training organisation, with demonstrable in-depth knowledge of CAA and EASA regulations pertaining to flight training and aircraft maintenance.
· A valid SEP Class-rating.
- Experienced instructors (>3 years Flight Instruction given)
· Previous Cirrus SR20/SR22 experience.
· An FAA CPL/ATP and Certified Flight Instructor qualification.
· Foreign language ability.