Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The purpose of this position is to develop, implement and maintain cargo forwarder agreements with local accounts. These programs will be designed in such a way to provide cost savings and service benefits to cargo forwarder while producing measurable incremental sales for Air Canada Cargo. This position has direct contact with targeted accounts.
Key Functions & Accountabilities: (Responsibilities, Activities, Authority levels, etc).
- Implement territory strategies and follow directions from Regional Cargo Sales Manager LATAM to achieve cargo sales revenue goals that generate corporate profit.
- This position is responsible for cargo sales in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Actively manage full territory customer base through the CRM system to maintain rigorous pipeline and provide accurate forecasting.
- Develop contractual commitments between Air Canada and regional buyers to influence sales revenue that ensures maximum revenue generation for AC.
- Provide ongoing support for corporate contractual agreements / SUMMIT accounts, including maintenance, servicing and promotion.
- Make sales calls to cargo forwarders to build optimal working relationships and review AC Cargo products and services.
- Represent Air Canada Cargo at meetings, trade shows, conventions, and corporate functions on both a local and national level.
- Identify potential threats to existing business and develop strategies to address such developments
- Manage all contract activities to ensure a consistent and uniform approach.
- Maintain key relationship with AC Cargo HDQ, local station operations.
- Work with the Sales /Global Partnership and Capacity Management Team to identify revenue opportunities on key lanes, regions, and accounts
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure alignment of department, division, and corporate objectives
- Assume ownership for developing a business relationship between Air Canada and Air Canada customer base.
- Conduct regular customer account performance reviews
- Achieve revenue and market share improvement targets.
- Take part in developing a strong and highly focused sales team.
- Assist and collaborate with the Inside Sales Department, to secure opportunities using AC system(s) WEBLINX, SmartLoad, etc.
- Participate in social selling via channels such as LinkedIn.
- College degree or university degree a strong asset
- Minimum of two years experience with direct contracting and negotiating experience in outside sales function
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and/or international forwarders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- In-depth knowledge of business concepts associated with legal contract writing and interpretation, including contract mechanics, structure and philosophy.
- Extensive knowledge of current cargo business and industry knowledge.
- Ability to create innovative and tangible sales programs.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large quantities of data, to ensure sound financial decisions are made.
- Ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Must have a strong personal presence, confidence and professional appearance.
- Frequent travel is required
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.