Lead, under the direction of the company's - VP Materials Management, the Maintenance Materials & Supply Chain function, responsible for the material operations, procurement and planning, and the maintenance repair contracts with MRO suppliers.
Develop a profitable and sustainable Maintenance Materials & Supply Chain department, lead, train and manage a growing team of Engineers and Materials professionals, work out of state-of-the-art robust processes supported by AMOS as per GACA requirements, lead the change management, establish control tools and indicators, all above to support the cost discipline and operation of the company.
Main Responsibilities - Tasks
MAINTENANCE MATERIAL PROCUREMENT:
- Establish adequate policies for material procurement for the different materials used in aircraft maintenance (externalization, pay per use, pooling, owned stocks, etc.) and define policies (for pool ordering, on site stocks dimensioning, ordering points for purchasing, etc.) depending on material type (rotables, consumables, expendables...).
- Build a network of suppliers to cover the procurement necessities.
- Manage a procurement team to follow the policies, prepare the purchase orders, follow up of the orders, define ordering points, etc.
- Responsible for AOG part support team, design of a 24/7 service to cover the urgent requirements.
ROTABLE SPARES REPAIR CONTROL:
- Control the Rotables components repair process with external workshops and suppliers.
- Define components repair workscopes for contracted workshops, follow up of components through the repair in the workshop, fault confirmation, invoicing and reposition if required.
- Control rotable component standards, as per the aircraft configuration definition.
- Establish organization and procedures for aircraft spares warehouse.
- Logistics and storage of maintenance materials and tooling at main bases, outstations and heavy maintenance providers.
- Maintain AMOS system stores accurately informed in all the company's maintenance network.
SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS:
- Manage contracted freight forwarders to deliver parts on time and with minimum transportation cost.
- Manage importations taxes, customs clearances and exemptions.
- Responsible for purchasing and repair contracts for aircraft parts and components.
- Negotiation of new contracts.
- Evaluates bids received, negotiates contract terms and pricing, and works closely with legal team to finalize contracts.
- Control and management of the compliance of the following contracts among others:
o Landing gears
o Nacelles and Reversers
o Flight surfaces
o Wheels and Brakes
o Emergency equipment
- Ensure that parts, consumables and expendables are available for the heavy and line maintenance checks.
- Align material delivery with maintenance plan requirements, minimizing stocks and non-productive times.
- Initiate claims and warranties processes and monitor them.
- Lead the discussion with providers on liabilities, remedies and compensations for parts, systems and aircraft warranty claims.
- Work together with the financial department to make the maintenance budget and monitor it.
- Forecast and monitoring of maintenance costs.
- Recovery of maintenance reserves.
QUALITY, TECHNOLOGY & DATA OPTIMIZATION:
- Set up on parts incoming inspection procedures to ensure airworthiness and legality of all component.
- Collaborate with the Quality Manager in the development of standards and necessary procedures and to take corrective measures related to the conclusions of quality audits and inspections.
- Development of AMOS System as material management tool.
- Development of KPI dashboard to control and report material management and supply chain performance.
- INTERNAL: SAEI Maintenance Production, SV Maintenance Control, SAEI and SV Maintenance Planning, SV Operations.
- EXTERNAL: MRO suppliers, Freight Forwarders, Customs Agents, GACA.
Degree in Engineering (preferable in Aeronautical) or similar (Administration Aviation Management and Logistics), with economical skills (MBA, Master).
10 years of relevant work experience in aviation, preferably within both a CAMO and MRO environment with relevant experience in budgets and costs. With 5 years in management position.
- Dynamic and flexible.
- Strong executive presence.
- Team leadership and people management as well as able to work effectively and autonomously.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Good strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Advanced data & analytic mindset with a solution-orientation.
- Strong spoken and written communications.
- Short-Medium-Long Term planning.
- Creative thinking.
- Networking skills.
- Technological skills.
- Stakeholder management.
Strong communication skills and ability to read, write & fluently speak both Arabic & English languages.
- Auditing experience.
- AMOS knowledge.
- Knowledge of aerospace contract structure.
- Supply chain and logistic operations.
- Material planning and optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of Office - Strong Excel skills.