We are currently searching for an experienced and motivated Marketing Director to join our growing Group Marketing team at our Head Office in Gatwick.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in all areas of Marketing with particular focus on Branding, PR & Communications and Digital Marketing.
A collaborative and hands-on leader, the successful candidate will enjoy developing others and be able to manage the team workload effectively. The Group Marketing team has colleagues in UK, Germany, China and the US so a candidate with experience of leading a team remotely would be highly desirable, but flexibility and understanding of different cultures is crucial. It is essential for an applicant to bring experience in creating and implementing a marketing strategy and motivating their team to follow the shared vision.
A creative and innovative skillset is required to succeed in this role, but a focus on process development and improvement is also necessary to support the Group Marketing team in moving toward a more strategic future.
Chapman Freeborn combines over 45 years of experience with unrivalled global coverage to meet the air charter requirements of customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The company’s diverse client base includes major corporations, governments, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and relief agencies, as well as high net worth individuals (HNWIs) and prominent figures from the entertainment world.
Chapman Freeborn’s depth of aviation expertise includes managing passenger and cargo charter operations, aircraft leasing, humanitarian airlifts, and much more.
The group’s subsidiary companies include Chapman Freeborn OBC, Intradco Global, Magma Aviation and Arcus Air.
The Chapman Freeborn Group is a family member of Avia Solutions Group, the largest aerospace business group from Central & Eastern Europe with 83 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide.
Avia Solutions Group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to aviation industry and beyond.
Purpose of Role
- To be responsible and accountable for the marketing performance and motivation, including successfully leading the departments people growth whilst delivering exceptional marketing solutions, both internally & externally.
- Strengthening the company’s brand position and reinforcing overall communication efforts worldwide both internally & externally.
- Driving all Public Relations activities to raise the Company profile with key target audiences.
- To work in close partnership with the Executive Committee, Regional Directors and other senior managers within the company to design, formulate and implement materials and campaigns that meet the Company’s objectives for brand development, new business generation and customer engagement.
- Manages the Marketing department’s budget and long term business plan execution.
- Working in close partnership with the Executive Committee and Regional Directors, to proactively identify opportunities to grow the Company’s profile in new and existing markets, also ensuring all regions are represented.
Key Job Responsibilities
Key Focus Areas
- To conduct customer, brand and product research initiatives.
- To develop, implement and maintain marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects.
- To offer expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media and events
- To manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management.
- Develop a good understanding of activity levels and future trends within the regions of the business, allowing accurate forecasting of both long- and short-term results.
- Ensuring internal technological tools and departmental support is utilized within the Group for the region, to assist with implementation of automated and paperless processes for smooth running operations.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities.
- To create and maintain various templates for the Company (e.g. quote forms, letterheads, business cards, presentations etc.), also being responsible for maintaining and promoting adherence to the Corporate Identity Guidelines.
- To create and enhance external marketing literature and other promotional items to support Chapman Freeborn’s core business activates products, and subsidiaries.
- To guide the marketing team on display arrangements and creative campaigns relating to events and exhibitions.
Public Relations activities
- Oversee and manage the Company’s media profile. Directly liaising with journalists, responding to press enquiries as well as proactively generating coverage to promote the Company’s work and impact.
- Increase the Company’s profile at relevant public events. Working with the PR & Communications team, ensuring the team acts as ambassadors for the Company at every opportunity.
- Create initiatives to organise events that promote the Company’s profile across all regions, ensuring all regions are represented in line with the Regional Director’s requirements.
- Brief internal spokespeople and ensure relevant training is completed so that senior leaders and/or spokespeople are skilled to respond to media opportunities at a local and national level.
Corporate and Internal Communications
- Lead on the drafting and delivery of key publications.
- Working in conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop the digital media platforms across the company, ensuring they are up to date and have relevant content – including our websites and social media platforms.
To provide safe, reliable and cost-effective air charter solutions for the movement of cargo and passengers across the world.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package to the right candidate
Recruitment agencies: please note we have an in-house recruiter alongside a preferred agency list which we review annually. Therefore, we do not accept any CVs or applications sent to us on a speculative basis. We are pro-active in reaching out to agencies if there is a business need so please refrain from calling us.
Chapman Freeborn is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.