The General Manager oversees all ground operations activities at the VPS base station with full responsibility for ramp operations, ticketing, gates, aircraft cleaning, security, and staff safety. The General Manager must be people-oriented and highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude. The General Manager will work directly with the Regional Manager, Ground Operations to ensure all processes and procedures are followed to ensure a safe and on-time operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all Winner Aviation and business partner policies and procedures are being adhered to while maintaining a profitable work center.
- Monitor and enforce safety and compliance with all regulatory agencies, company, and airline requirements, including safety sensitive zones.
- Conduct delay investigations and perform line checks.
- Respond to irregular operations, as needed.
- Coach and develop the Station Supervisory Team to reach required operational performance levels.
- Analyze and recommend staffing levels to meet station needs.
- Oversee station level employee hiring, onboarding, orientation and termination in coordination with the Station Supervisory Team and HR.
- Approve all staff scheduling as submitted by Station Supervisory Team.
- With the Director, Ground Operations and Regional Manager, Ground Operations identify employee development, coaching and promotion opportunities.
- Submit weekly/monthly station reports accurately and promptly (i.e., payroll completion, airline revenue reports, etc.)
- Oversee that base and department metrics and key performance indicators (KPI) are tracked and monitored.
- Utilize expertise to target process and performance improvements within the station.
- Utilize KPIs to provide operational feedback, resolution of issues and implement new initiatives with team to drive continuous improvement and consistent service.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Must be at least 18 years old.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of work experience as a supervisor or manager and a minimum of one year in Ground Operations Services.
GOVERNMENT AGENCY REQUIREMENTS
Ability to pass a background check, qualify for all TSA security clearance requirements, have a valid driver’s license, pass a pre-employment drug screening and random drug tests throughout employment tenure. Must be authorized to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with company directors as well as other management, employees, vendors, and associate companies.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
Basic computer skills and knowledge of general office equipment.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics and accounting as it pertains to requirements.
Ability to demonstrate strong and efficient time management capabilities.
Ability to recognize and resolve problems and eliminate threats to the company.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee must demonstrate the ability to:
- Operate all aircraft ground support equipment (per provided training) and push, pull, lift, unload and maneuver heavy luggage and equipment in excess of 70 lbs.
- Sit, stand or walk frequently for long periods of time.
- Use hands and arms to reach, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds.
- Demonstrate near, far, color, and peripheral vision acuity.
- Verbally express and exchange ideas.
Must be able to work in the airport environment: indoor and outdoor. Outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges and conditions may be encountered.