Zenon are pleased to be supporting a leading global manufacturer of aerospace sensors for the aviation market, to source a Principal Product Engineer. This position will be permanent, full time, and based in the South East of the UK.
The successful candidate will lead a team of product engineers, whilst demonstrating a high level of technical ability.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible/home working
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Create detailed product designs to meet budgets, reliability & performance (NRC & RC)
- Provide technical support to the project teams, suppliers, customers and others
- Produce and deliver technical presentations to customers, employees and suppliers
- Provide estimations on design engineering activities and ensure they are met
- Identify & mitigate technical risks
- Remain abreast and comply with technology export control legislation
- Be accountable for delivering projects the Project Management Office, in line with time constraints and all critical success factors
- Assist other functions with current technologies
- Generate product specifications
- Participate in design reviews, bother internally and externally
- Validate & verify designs e.g. testing, test sequence, similarity/analysis reports, defining number of units required and supporting build of prototype/development units.
- Document designs in terms of drawings, parts, materials, and logbook
- Define, organise, analyse and report all necessary reliability demonstration activities
- Support the identification of main characteristics or critical to quality functions
- Support the Win New Business process
- Responsible for the configuration control of the part liaising with the project manager.
- Hold an understanding of design tools e.g. DFMEA, DFx etc.
- Perform the role of Concept Design Engineer, if needed
- Liaise closely with Manufacturing engineers to ensure design satisfies manufacturability
- Day to day management of engineers
- Ensure sufficient cooperation with the manufacturing function to ensure manufacturability
- Assist with the integration of teams
- Continuously strive for improvement within the product & engineering department
- Perform the role of R&D Engineer, TRL 1-5, if required.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- A minimum of 3 years experience in sensor design
- Leadership/management experience
- Expert mechanical/electronic knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- CAD capability is advantageous
- Competent computer skills
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to your please forward your CV to Hannah Fawdry in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant, Hannah Fawdry, please phone +44 1483 332 000.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.