Zenon are pleased to be supporting a world leader in providing global aviation services, to source a Deputy Compliance Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities on the South Coast of the UK.
The focus of the Deputy Compliance Manger is to provide support to the Lead Compliance Manager, ensuring that the standards of Regulatory Compliance are maintained, primarily in the area of aircraft maintenance (Part 145.) Additional support in the following will also be a requirement - Part 21 (Design and Production) , Training (Part 147) and a knowledge of ISO9001 QMS and Military Standards.
The position includes oversight of the Compliance System, assisting with administration duties, supporting as required the Lead Compliance Manager on continuation training needs. Assistance with Investigations , maintaining of company approvals , and to assist as a point of contact for staff enquiries , such as licence applications and general questions.
The role will also require a level of auditing, to ensure compliance with EASA, UK CAA, FAA, MAA and other appropriate regulatory standards held by the client, thus maintaining a close liaison with the UK CAA and other Competent Authorities on matters affecting the approvals held.
• Supporting the Lead Compliance Manager, to maintain and control activities of the organisation in line with regulations, and company legislative requirements.
• Deputise for the Lead Compliance Manager in their absence.
• To ensure that the Compliance (Quality) procedures are reviewed and maintained
• To carry out internal and external Audits as required & make recommendations as necessary
• To assist the Lead Compliance Manager in the control of 3rd Party Sub Contractors both for the Part 145 and Part 21 activities.
• To assist the Lead Compliance Manager in continuation training needs for all engineering staff.
• To assist and support in the resolution of incidents and occurrences as part of the SMS
• When required, to issue on behalf of the Lead Compliance Manager, authorisations as appropriate to suitably qualified and competent persons, and maintain appropriate records.
• To assist the Lead Compliance Manager in promoting good practise across the function
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to your please forward your CV to Hannah Fawdry in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Hannah Fawdry, please call our office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Minimum skills & Experience –
• Previous Compliance experience, preferably within the aerospace industry or aircaft component maintenance and repair / modification
• Have completed a recognised auditor’s course
• Knowledge of current aerospace regulations , especially Part 145.
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of the applicable regulation to a standard acceptable to the UK CAA and other authorities.
• Understand other regulatory standards such as Part 21 and Part 147 to which the organisation holds approval for.
• Experience working within an aerospace environment
• Conversant with ISO9001 or a similar Compliance Standard
• Understand the ICAO Safety Management principles
• Be eligible to hold a UK security clearanc