Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a General Manager, on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Stansted.
Responsible to the CEO for managing all activities on the site to maximise operating capacity and throughput, ensure quality and Customer’s requirements are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Assume overall leadership of the site and provide direction to it, including the implementation of the IES business strategy and all appropriate process improvements. Tasks include:
- Determine staff and facility requirements.
- Ensuring the site operates in accordance with health, safety, and environmental policies. Ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Maintain plant and equipment is maintained and calibrated to the required standard.
- Responsible for divisional reporting to the CEO
- Drive sales and revenue growth, with this to include building the pipeline of orders, developing brand awareness and promoting a responsive, customer focused approach to business management. To act as the most senior point of contact with customers, including major international firms in the aerospace sector, as well as being the final authority on negotiations, pricing and contracts.
- Ensure delivery of daily/weekly/monthly/annual sales targets in line with internal (IES) and external customer requirements, whilst meeting quality and delivery specifications. Tasks include:
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and forecast.
- Control the workflow and capacity to meet delivery and drive DSA targets
- Plan and implement procedures/processes to maximize efficiency
- Ensure production plans and Tiered DMB’s are updated daily.
- Identify all opportunities for leaning out costs, implementing consistent procedures to prevent the backlog of orders, improve performance and create an increased sense of urgency, pulling together people, systems and departments to enhance service to customers.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Addressing root causes to reduce scrap and reworks. Accountable for MRBs.
- Assume responsibility for the management of site employees. To initiate workforce skills training programmes so as to ensure that staff capabilities meet future business needs and to lead any associated company restructuring that may be required. Tasks include:
- Work with the site supervisors to ensure all departments are controlled and managed.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review ongoing performance of employees.
- Communicate KPIs so that each employee is aware of their department’s requirements
- Create a culture of engagement, involvement and continuous improvement and a “right first time” approach that drives effectiveness and efficiency. Additionally, to challenge existing practices, enhance workforce communication, identify projects that reduce costs and enhance product quality standards.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- Previous GM experience in a Manufacturing Aerospace Environment
- 3 to 5 years GM experience in site management
- Proven experience of resource and production planning
- Able to implement continuous improvement techniques
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Hannah Fawdry in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with Hannah, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.