Air Astana is an award-winning airline operating an extensive domestic and international route network, with a modern aircraft fleet. We are seeking applicants for the permanent position of Director Engineering. The position is based at Almaty, a modern and vibrant city in Kazakhstan.
Reporting to the Vice President Engineering & Maintenance, the Director Engineering will be responsible for the continuing airworthiness activities of the Air Astana and FlyArystan aircraft fleets comprising of Boeing 767, A320CEO/NEO family and Embraer E190 E2 aircraft, which are on the EASA register. The fleet will grow significantly during the next 5 years and the Director Engineering will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the continued airworthiness regulations of EASA and the Aviation Administration of Kazakhstan (AAK), while cost effectively ensuring the highest level of safety and reliability.
The Director Engineering will lead the continuing airworthiness management team and you will:
- Continuously review the implementation of engineering procedures and manuals, ensuring compliance with EASA and AAK regulations and the maintenance of aircraft to the highest standards of safety and airworthiness.
- Liaise with EASA and AAK regulators regarding continuing airworthiness matters.
- Ensure technical dispatch reliability meets company targets and seek continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the Engineering & Maintenance management team is kept informed of continuing airworthiness developments and projects.
- Ensure that appropriate supervision, training and assessment is performed in a timely manner to develop staff competence levels.
- Devise succession plans, while mentoring and developing the skills of team members.
- Identify areas for improvement and actively drive forward innovation projects.
- Endorse and promote ‘Just Culture’ at Air Astana and actively encourage a culture of safety, honesty and respect for others at their work location in accordance with company SMS and HR policy.
- Holder of an Engineering Degree or equivalent graduate diploma is essential for work permit requirements.
- Minimum 10 years aircraft engineering or maintenance experience working for an airline.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a continuing airworthiness position.
- Preferably holder of EASA B1 or B2 aircraft maintenance license or equivalent.
- Strong managerial skills are essential. This position will suit a person that works well in a team and is prepared to lead by example.
- Good organisational skills are necessary, with ability to prioritise.
- You should be a confident communicator, able to fluently read, write and speak the English language.
A competitive salary and benefits package reflective of experience, awaits the successful candidate for this exciting and challenging role.