Position: Head of Operations
CAE Parc Aviation are excited to announce we are now accepting applications for a Head of Operations position on behalf of our client, based in Australia, a low-cost airline specialising in regional leisure destinations, with a fleet of Boeing 737 MAX 8.
The successful candidate will be the Flight Operations Accountable Manager leading the Flight Operations Department and maintaining the flying operations functions across the Company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Freedom to act and make decisions on behalf of the Accountable Manager to ensure safe, efficient and compliant flight operations functions relating to the Air Operators Certificate.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the airline's flying operation activities, for liaison with regulatory authorities and external entities relevant to operational control.
- The Head of Operations (HOO) must hold a valid CASA Air Transport pilot licence, relevant security approval (Australian Security Identification Card or similar).
- The HOO is a nominated post holder acceptable to CASA and appointed by the Accountable Manager. The HOO is the main contact with and is responsible to CASA for the safe conduct of all flight operations in accordance with the AOC and CASA/regulatory authorities. The HOO reports directly to the Accountable Manager.
The HOO is responsible for:
- The continuing safe and efficient operation of the Company's aeroplanes.
- Maintaining an overview of current and forthcoming rules and regulations relevant to flight operations.
- Oversight and control of relevant outsourced service providers.
- Coordination with the HOO in the Part 142 organisation.
- Monitoring of the technical state of the company aircraft and reporting such observations to the Maintenance Manager.
- Monitoring of the FDM programme in liaison with the Manager Safety and directing action to reduce risk of incident or accident to lowest acceptable level.
- Implementation and monitoring of the Company Flight Time Limitations Scheme.
- Receiving the Captain's Discretion Report trends and for taking the appropriate action to avoid recurrence, reporting all necessary details to the CASA where applicable.
- Ensuring that the Company AOC is correctly amended and that all changes are presented to the Authority in advance of implementation.
- Auditable accountability for all functions directly under department control.
- Awareness of industry flight safety issues and developments and make appropriate recommendations to the Airline Board.
- Maintaining effective liaison with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
- Evaluation and categorisation of routes and aerodromes used in Company operations.
- Preparation and control of the Flight Operations Department budget.
- Determine annual requirements of Flight Operations Department personnel.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in being part of this exciting opportunity apply today and one of our consultants will be in touch.
CAE Parc Aviation, acting on behalf of our client is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all work seekers.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy.