Zenon are pleased to be supporting a world leader in providing global aviation services to source a Chief Engineer (Jets) Manager on a permanent basis for their facilities based in the South of the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance activity management and supporting staff oversight of scheduled and unscheduled aircraft engineering activity.
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Private medical
- Competitive Salary
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Reporting to the technical director you will be responsible for local operational oversight of the applicable business stream.
- Working in conjunction with the AOG manager to assist in emergent and away from base activity enabling direct and indirect resourcing and support.
- Ensuring that the engineering team that report to you are booking accurate hours and these are checked against any estimated or warranty targets.
- Identifying and recommending recruitment and training requirements to ensure the efficient operational capability of the department.
- Accountable for maintaining the applicable site/location compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Expected to proactively engage in improvements of our business including suggesting changes to technical process and procedures, escalating any issues / improvements as required.
- Responsible for performing the applicable Category "C" certifier responsibilities and applicable certification.
- Responsible for ensuring/enforcing correct use of company procedures and processes through Compliance with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- Working knowledge of Aviation regulatory framework.
- Good knowledge of aircraft maintenance and operations standards and practices.
- Good understanding of the concepts and requirements of SMS, Quality Assurance and Audits.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear directions and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Flexible and able to travel at short notice
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- EASA B1 Engineer License with at least two aircraft type ratings within the Embraer, Bombardier or Gulfstream series.
- 5 years’ experience in Line/Base certifying staff with experience in AOG support functions.
- 2 years in supervisory role running a base or line support team.
- A full Driving licence is preferred.
- A Current valid passport is required.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to your please forward your CV to Kevin in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Director, Kevin Small, please phone our office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.