Zenon are proud to have been engaged to recruit a Chief Operating Officer for a successful and well established Turbo Prop and Jet Aircraft ACMI Operator based in Europe. With business returning to normal, our client is now focused on expansion. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Operator within its market sector.
The COO will be the airlines Accountable Manager responsible for execution and implementation of company strategy together with the senior management team. Through strong leadership skills manage the board to work cohesively, ensuring they have the necessary resources and facilities in place for each of the Post Holders to perform their required tasks in achieving their objectives and put measures in place to ensure they are met whilst ensuring a safe and airworthy operation.
• Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have responsibility of managing the overall operations of the organisation. You will ensure that they are able to continue their previous expansion plans all over Europe while maintaining their efficiency and delivering highest quality to their ACMI customers.
• Overall policy relating to the commercial direction, safety and efficiency of the Company’s operation, relative to the terms and requirements of the Air Operators Certificate (AOC) and the relevant legislation currently in force.
• Implement a strategy to increase revenue by maximising the operational efficiency of the airline operations without degrading safety. Ensure the Company is run in a responsible manner in accordance with the regulations as laid down by the local CAA.
• Build, develop and strengthen the current corporate structure to meet the Organisation’s strategic goals.
• Lead, guide, and mentor the Senior Management team in the Company’s strategy in achieving its goals and objectives. Via clearly defined commercial and operational strategy and cost focus as agreed with Board
• Negotiation with all relevant Government bodies and Company unions as required.
• Ensuring company resources are managed effectively and deployed to meet the requirements of business activities.
• The COO will focus on building and maintaining excellent customer, industry, regulatory and shareholder relationships in order to establish and maintain an excellent Company reputation.
• To become the most profitable carrier in the Region with lowest C/ASK and highest operational integrity.
• Initiate and regularly evaluate policies to minimise department costs by setting targets and objectives.
• Lead, develop and motivate all employees. Ensure direct reports have clear operational targets and objectives in all aspects of their work and ensure that clear targets and objectives are cascaded through the Company’s structure. At all times encourage open and honest feedback.
• Direct plans and create objectives for scheduled and charter services to strengthen the companies Brand and client relationships and develop new business to create long-term security and in-turn growth in the Company.
• Develop and introduce a long-term plan to build a strong independent Management structure.
• Chair regular meetings with the Senior Management team to monitor and evaluate each department’s performance in achieving their individual department set objectives.
• Issue reports on a regular basis to the Board of Directors/ Shareholders of the company performance with respect to P&L with timelines and progress in achieving the companies 3 to 5 year plan.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
• The successful candidate will have strong commercial acumen, be cost focused, meet and exceed targets and customer expectations without compromising safety.
• Excellent strategic, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Solid operational background preferably from regional airline or LCC environment.
• Excellent Communication: - Strong verbal and written communication skills and a good command of English.
• Ability to motivate and delegate a multinational workforce.
• Proactive, hands on leader with an innovative management style and adaptable to change.
• Strong leader with strong delegation skills who is focused, hardworking, driven and has the self motivation to succeed in a difficult working environment.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
• A successful track record in airline environment of at least 10 years with at least 3 years in Senior Management.
• Operational understanding of Part 145 and Part M.
• Experience in dealing with Government and Regulatory Authorities.
• Track record in managing rapid growth and delegating policies to achieve growth targets
• Be acceptable to the local CAA in the role of Accountable Manager of the Operator
Salary commensurate with experience and company benefits include benefits common to airline industry.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
To apply please forward an up to date CV together with references and letter of motivation to us in the strictest confidence.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy.