Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by one of the UK’s Premier FBO & Maintenance Repair Organisations to source a Purchaser on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Stansted.
You will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Purchasing function under the guidance of the Purchasing Supervisor with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure are essential requirements of this role.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 5 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• The day to day operation of the Purchasing function
• Purchasing a wide range of aircraft parts, materials and related equipment in line with operational procedures and requirements.
• Timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of parts in line with operational requirements
• Maintaining inventory levels within approved guidelines
• Resolving and investigating supply chain errors and examining via root cause analysis
• Ensuring parts and materials are purchased at the most competitive price
• Creating and updating daily shortage reports
• Continually improving purchasing methods in a bid to drive down external spend
• Identifying new suppliers including discount structures and volume rebates
• Progress chasing
• Ensuring the highest level of service is provided and maintained for both internal and external customers
• Assisting to ensure stringent material control is in place to ensure company targets are met with regards to spend, Inventory levels, usage, scrap etc.
• Assisting in developing and implementing policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood and adhered to
• Providing clearance information to the responsible courier / freight forwarder for all imports, within regulations of Customs and Excise Out of hours AOG support as and when required.
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role in a purchasing environment
• Aviation experience desirable however not essential
• Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Full Clean UK Driving Licence – due to location