Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Location: Livermore, California
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a family owned & operated business founded in 1985 and provides carbon fiber components, customer parts and composite solutions for customers worldwide and performs all their own manufacturing and quality.
We are seeking to hire a precision inspector to join the Quality Assurance team. In this role, the individual will ensure that all products meet customer and company requirements by performing inspections of custom carbon fibre parts.
The correct candidate will meet the essential requirements as well as enjoy working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where innovation and change are frequent occurrences. This is not for someone who prefers a rigid way of thinking or working.
- Daily precision inspection verifications on mechanical parts, visual inspection for cosmetics, components, assemblies and materials per customer drawings and standard inspection requirements.
- Utilize inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauge blocks,
- dial indicators, height gauges, optical comparators and CMM equipment.
- Operation of portable CMM equipment to support monitoring of production processes, perform first article inspections and support root cause activities.
- Application of CAD programming software to execute measurement requests and perform portable tooling measurements within the production line.
- Liaise with Engineering and Manufacturing functions to understand measurement requirements and create detailed reports of findings.
- Follow Quality Assurance controls for incoming inspection of defined materials.
- Participate in regular MRB and CAPA activities with Quality and Manufacturing.
- Perform basic setup of a Quality Control workstation for materials inspection.
- Other job duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in build-to-print inspection and quality assurance
- Experience in an Aerospace or Medical products environment a plus
- CAD inspection programming experience with STEP and IGES a plus
- Programmable and/or portable CMM inspection experience a plus
- MUST BE U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident to comply with ITAR;
- Willing and able to perform a wide range of physical activities, some requiring fine manual dexterity;
- Ability to communicate problems and opportunities for improvement;
- Ability to identify and document discrepancies on materials or processes;
- Ability to read and follow detailed manufacturing work instructions;
- Ability to interpret and work from engineering drawings, including GD&T;
- Proficient in arithmetic with decimals and application to measurements;
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and general computer usage skills;
- Well organized and excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial, fast paced working environment
- Family oriented friendly team
- Training & investment for employees
- Near-term training and development opportunities to learn and apply portable CMM inspection methods.
- Vision, Dental, Medicare
- 401k contribution
- Overtime paid at time and a half
If you meet the criteria above and are interested to apply, please apply via the button shown.
TARCG is The Aviation Recruitment & Consulting Group. TARCG is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
By applying to this advert, you give consent to TARCG holding & processing your personal data for the purpose of work-finding services.