The year 2020 has provided for some unparalleled challenges to the aviation industry and its professionals. While many companies have either closed down or have been forced to reduce their business volume, we have grown despite the worldwide pandemic.
Therefore, due to the expected ongoing expansion of our widebody managed fleet we are looking to recruit new team members for the following role:
Duty Operations Controller
Accountable to: Manager Operations Control Centre (MOCC)
The Operations Controller is responsible to the MOCC for the following:
- The efficient administration and running of the Operations Control Centre in all its aspects with regards to the duties and responsibilities of the Flight Dispatcher, Crew Controller and Operations assistant.
- For the safe and efficient scheduling of aeroplanes, in liaison with the MOC, to ensure that aeroplane utilisation, punctuality and maintenance needs are met.
- The preparation of flight programmes in order to meet Company requirements, including the scheduling of training flights in all aspects.
- Updating and re-arranging accommodation and ground transportation for crews, as required, following any program changes.
- The maintenance of the Operations Board to reflect the current status of the Company Flight Program, showing aircraft schedules and on- time or delay status. The co-ordination of all signals relating to flight delay/re-routes to third party service provides such as ground handlers, fuel suppliers, caterers and airport authorities.
- Ensuring that the Flight Dispatcher maintains a Flight Watch throughout the period when aeroplane operations are taking place and prepares a written, accurate Handover / Status Report for the oncoming shift.
- Maintaining a close liaison with MOC on all matters concerning the continued serviceability of the Company`s fleet with maintaining contract commitments and schedules.
- Monitoring weather conditions at base, destinations and outstations where Company aeroplanes are parked unattended.
- Undertaking any other duties as allocated by the MOCC or his / her absence, the nominated deputy.
- The successful candidate should be proficient in MS Office applications;
- You should have experience of working in an Operations Control Centre environment;
- Have sound knowledge of OPS Systems such as PPS, Leon, Blue One or similar;
- Be a flexible team player who can coach and lead a team when on shift;
- Have a can-do attitude and good problem-solving skills.
What you can expect:
- As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome;
- The opportunity to work within a multi-national dynamic team and work environment;
- An excellent opportunity to grow professionally;
- A rotating day and night shift roster pattern;
- A life on a beautiful, sunny island in the Mediterranean Sea.
Please note that only those successful in reaching the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted within 14 days of receipt of application.