Ground Services /Job Description
· Manage the day to day operations to meet organizational performance plans.
· Implement and enhance a daily operating report process that measures effectiveness to plan for the operation.
· Monitor measure and report on operational issues, opportunities, development plans, and achievements.
· Manage direct reporting staff; implement training to improve skills and to ensure a satisfying front line workforce.
· Develop forward-focused station planning to predict staff and equipment requirements.
· Build a strong operation workgroup by identifying weaknesses and implementing processes and training to close those gaps.
· Provide leadership and guidance by coaching, counseling, and mentoring the Supervisors and front line workforce on a day to day basis to directly enhance their skills.
· Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality, health and safety, legal, environmental, and general overall objectives.
· Assist the Supervisors in the day to day operations.
· Review work performance to ensure staff is meeting company requirements.
· Ensure customer service standards are met and/or exceeded.
· Take corrective/disciplinary actions when necessary.
· Oversee and provide training for Supervisors and front line workforce to ensure they are in compliance with the company safety standards and procedures. Update and maintain training files as required.
· Ensure all ramp vehicles and equipment is being properly maintained.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
· At least 5 years of extensive Ground handling operational experience.
· Able to perform all aspects of Ground including Loadmaster, handling hazardous materials, fueling, Catering, security, etc.
· Ability to organize and perform multiple assignments in a high-stress environment.
· Ability to interact, communicate and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, customers at all levels
· Proven ability to lead and manage the activities of a diverse and workforce.
· Skilled problem solver with leadership qualities.
· Excellent communication, decision, and management skills.