On behalf of our client, a business aviation company with established divisions in charter, management and aircraft sales, we are recruiting a Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations is responsible for and has the authority to direct all operational functions. The Director of Operations may delegate functions to other personnel, however, retains complete responsibility. The Director of Operations will be highly knowledgeable of the entire contents of the General Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, and all Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to the company operations.
- Maintain the company’s objective of providing safe and efficient air transportation in accordance with company policies, procedures, FAA and other government agency regulations
- Plan and execute programs involving personnel, equipment, policies and procedures.
- Make all decisions that involve immediate action for safety and the best interest of the organization.
- Represent the company with government, industry and communities in activities to fulfill company objectives.
- Determines general personnel requirements and consults with the General Manager, Chief Pilot, and the Director of Maintenance regarding hiring and/or discharge of general and maintenance personnel. Assists the Chief Pilot as needed with the interviews, hiring, and discharge of flight personnel.
- Authorized to submit, accept or surrender company certificates.
- Has authority to act for the Company, including the signing of FAA correspondence and Operations Specifications.
- Ensures all flight operations are conducted safely and in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, Operations Specifications, and Company policies.
- Communicates with the FAA Flight Standards District Office and the National Transportation Safety Board. Files all required reports and documents.
- Devises revisions to this manual as needed, submits the proposed revisions to the FSDO, receives confirmation from the FSDO that the revisions are acceptable, and then distributes those revisions to all manual holders.
- Support and participate in the SMS.
- Supervises distribution and posting of all information or memoranda relative to any changes affecting Company policy, route information, navaids, NOTAMS, requisitioning of flying aids, aeronautical charts, etc. Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance the timely correction of mechanical irregularities and discrepancies.
- Ensures the MEL Program is managed by the Director of Maintenance.
- Obtains the necessary diplomatic clearance prior to departure for all flights into or over foreign countries.
- Has the authority to act for the Company and exercises operational control under FAR Part 135.77.
- Must be able to work from the assigned office on a full-time basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience working for Part 135 Charter Operator preferred
- Ability to multi-task, collect and organize data, define problems and provide required reporting in a timely manner
- Experience utilizing aviation software preferred, not required; Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Professional appearance, excellent phone demeanor, with ability to set priorities
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication, organization and administrative skills
Applicants must possess qualifications prescribed in 14 CFR 119.71:
- To serve as Director of Operations under § 119.69(a) for a certificate holder conducting any operations for which the pilot in command is required to hold an airline transport pilot certificate a person must hold an airline transport pilot certificate and either:
- Have at least 3 years supervisory or managerial experience within the last 6 years in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter; or
- In the case of a person becoming Director of Operations –
- For the first time ever, have at least 3 years experience, within the past 6 years, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter.
- In the case of a person with previous experience as a Director of Operations, have at least 3 years experience, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter.