Blue Bird Aviation is a charter airline based at Khartoum Airport and is looking to recruit an Accountable Manager.
As Accountable Manager you should be ready to participate in the development of our expanding company with a sense of corporate responsibility, willing to be flexible in execution of defined duties and assisting colleagues to achieve common goals of the airline.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Accountable Manager will be responsible for all of the Company’s operational activities and performance, in accordance with regulatory and safety requirements, financial budgets and the company’s procedures.
The Successful candidates will be responsible for the safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective management and growth of the airline. This includes and encompasses oversight of the key dimensions of the carrier including Maintenance & Engineering, Safety, Air Operations, and Ground Operations. In this regard, this position is responsible for the airline’s operational performance, with a direct and key influence on the financial performance and evolution of the carrier.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• A business professional with at least ten years of senior management level experience within civil aviation, in flight operations, maintenance, safety management or quality management role.
• Minimum experience; five years in a senior management role, managing teams and with responsibility for budgets, performance management and operational compliance.
• Previous experience as an airline COO, a post-holder or Accountable Manager would be an advantage.
• Ideally, a deep knowledge and thorough experience in the operational areas, including flight operations, maintenance, quality, safety and operations management.
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, relevant to the operations and aircraft maintenance requirements.
• Proven track record in managing senior teams and medium to large sized projects;
• Ability to management and drive change throughout an organisation, maintaining suitable high level of effective problem solving and collaboration with all stakeholders
• Strong discipline to upholding performance standards, organisational objectives and goals.
• Proven, success leading an Operational unit through a collaborative, unifying approach that builds on teamwork and dedication to Company goals and principles.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Operational, Aviation, Engineering, Business or a related field would be beneficial
• Master’s degree or related advanced degree would be beneficial