Job Details ' Dayton, OH
With general direction and supervision from the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Base Manager is responsible for long term operational forecasting and planning with an emphasis on implementing strategic initiatives to further advance safety, compliance and production rates within their geographic location. This position oversees Maintenance Shift Managers to ensure maintenance scheduling and production control functions to provide safe and reliable aircraft in conjunction with a safe and efficient working environment. The Base Manager supervises and sets expectations for direct reports as well as plans and maintains assigned budgets for the maintenance facility and operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.**
- Leadership, commitment and promotion of safety as a core value of the maintenance organization.
- Ensures location has resources to meet operational and departmental goals and objectives and plan for resources required for long term strategy.*
- Ensures that procedures outlined in the General Maintenance Manual are followed and executed.
- Accountable and responsible that team members are adequately trained, maintain proficiency and currency, and mentors direct reports.
- Overall responsibility for efficient scheduling, availability and use of assigned resources including tooling, personnel and equipment to provide maximum, effective productivity.*
- Overall responsibility for maintenance base operations within the assigned facilities (including, quality control and assurance inspection, avionics, training, stores activities), and aircraft cleaning.*
- Ensures that maintenance facilities are operated in compliance with FAA, OSHA, TSA and EPA regulations and Company policies and procedures*
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships to ensure Air Wisconsin Standards and goals are met.
- Acts as liaison with internal and external partners ensuring collaborative relationships.
- Administers the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and has the authority to settle grievances at the appropriate level of the grievance procedure.
- Overall accountability of maintenance records and retention for location,
- Acts as liaison with internal and external partners ensuring collaborative relationships
- Analyzes and uses maintenance reports and summaries including performance metrics*
- Creates and monitors metrics as applicable to continually look for efficiencies. *
- Oversees, controls and is accountable for the annual budget. .*
- Required to work a variety of shifts including 1st, 2nd and 3rd. *
- Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.*
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.*
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or Engineering or equivalent
- BS degree in Aviation Maintenance Management preferred
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (preferred)*
- Two to four years supervisory/management experience required
- Management experience in a union environment or FAR Part 121 Air Carrier operations preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled