The QRC AISR at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Assurance Lead to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners. As the Aviation Quality Assurance Manager for QRC Airborne ISR Systems you will be expected to utilize your experience to implement and oversee aviation quality procedures in order to create a safe and efficient operating environment. Your efforts will help ensure performance through scheduled internal process audits, assessments and inspections for work products developed, services provided and monitoring of subcontractor compliance. Your duties will include the development of processes and procedures that align the Operation with DCMA 8210.1C, AS9100/AS9110, and FAA FAR requirements as well as the execution of established program execution and mission assurance requirements. Your skills will also be utilized to continuously improve processes, procedures and work instructions for QRC AISR. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
- POC for all Aviation Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions in the QRC Airborne ISR Systems
- Monitor for DCMA 8210.1c and ASD compliance for the QRC Airborne ISR Systems
- Ensuring subcontractors are performing in compliance with ASD, High Level Quality requirements FAR 52.246-11
Ensure quality requirements for QRC Airborne ISR Systems proposals are addressed, basis of estimates costed and technical/management requirements are developed and forward to the Defense Quality Director for review and approval
- Ensure Higher-Level Quality Requirements FAR 52-246-11 are flown down in each subcontract SOW as required
- Ensuring that maintenance operations completed in accordance with Part FAA 145 requirements, Leidos policies and procedures and OEM approved technical data
- Ensuring quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications for the QRC Airborne ISR Systems
- Performing site audits to ensure compliance to AS D, Leidos policies and procedures, DCMA 8210.1c, FAA regulations and customer requirements.
Lead the ASD readiness and participate in external AS9100D surveillance and re-certification assessments conducted by a 3rd party
- Addressing Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensuring that aircraft modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Coordinating and/or presenting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes;
- Recommending, facilitating, tracking and reporting on continuous process improvement activities
- Implementing audit practices for internal processes and products
- Providing the Defense Quality Engineering and Control Director and Division Manager with quality assurance status, timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations as required for program support and/or audits
- Reporting to higher-level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the QRC Airborne ISR Systems
- Supporting the Business Development Team with information as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree and eight (8) years of prior relevant experience; or Master's with six (6) year of prior relevant experience. Additional 8 years of direct experience working in aviation programs in support of defense contracts under DCMA INST 8210.1c / AR 95-20 requirements may be substituted for degree.
- Must have a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Must have at least 8 years of experience maintaining and/or returning aircraft to service as well as experience leading teams and projects
- In depth knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C and AS9100/AS9110 requirements.
- Ability to create and maintain aviation program manuals, forms, and records.
- Must be a US Citizen and have a valid passport
- Must be willing and able to travel to both CONUS and OCONUS locations as needed (OCONUS travel may include Hardship & Hazardous locations)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access military installations.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500? information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.