- Our client specializes in the rapid design, development, and demonstration of advanced unmanned vehicles and analytic systems under demanding schedules
The Division Chief Engineer leads the technical staff in all systems engineering activities from the Acquisition System’s Pre-Milestone A efforts through the Milestone C’s FCA/PCA. The Chief Engineer reports directly to the Division VP.
Operational experience in UAS and complete airplane systems that cover the entire mission space
Design experience when it comes to manufacturing
eVTOL experience a plus
- Experience in the development of engineering program plan, to assure complete integration of all product interfaces and internal disciplines, as well as plan execution.
- Experience with system and subsystem qualification planning and conduct, as well as the definition of qualification, delta qual, and re-qual.
- Understanding of defense acquisition system steps and associated requirements.
- Understanding of Contractor products necessary for entry and exit from major acquisition milestones
- Experience with development of SUP/STS and conversion to Performance Based Specifications
- Experience or understanding of engineering approaches to reliability through development, and its maintenance in production
- Experience with system safety analysis and work with the safety boards (NNMSB)
- Experience and understanding of configuration management approaches and techniques in development and production.
- Willingness to mentor
- Balance between confidence and willingness to admit that there is more to learn