Title: Aircraft Mechanic I (CH-53 Reset), New River, NC
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated & Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Training Support, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, & Overhaul, and all levels of Maintenance for UAVs, helicopters, and airplanes.
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail-oriented. This position requires the individual to work in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems. You may need to work weekends and or holidays as the mission requires and shifts are variable. Hours will be set by the unit. Travel will be required as the unit specifies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
- Performs operational checks on lighting equipment, such as navigation lights search and landing lights, anti-collision lights and replaces bulbs.
- May remove and install electrical connections that are foolproof.
- Removes and installs starter and main generators.
- Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines, and component parts.
- Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
- Maintains aircraft fuel, oil, and hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides, and forms used on the job.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil, and hydraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
- Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
- Completes maintenance documentation accurately using OOMA, and required forms, as required by job assignment.
- Must show proficiency in the use of OOMA within 90 days after the assignment.
- Effectively task and direct subordinate personnel through the daily assignment of tasks.
- Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
- Maintain aircraft RESET Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
- Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
- Effectively report the status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
- Manage aircraft parts requisition through request, review and approve Critical Items List, distribution, and turn-in.
- Initiate and complete a controlled exchange in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Regulations
- Conduct aircraft maintenance, while providing direction for assigned personnel's daily maintenance operations
- Report violations of Work Rules, Policies, and Procedures to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for complying with the most recent Vertex policies and procedures.
- Operates motor vehicles, machines, and special purpose equipment as required by the job assignment.
- Performs PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools, and equipment. Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
- Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
- Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
- May perform those assignments of employees holding the next higher classification in the line of progression in order to qualify for the promotion.
- Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
- Demonstrates job procedures and assists in the on-the-job training (OJT) of employees within the classification as required.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
- Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment. Ability to perform Optimized Naval Aviation Logistic Management Information System functions for aviation maintenance performed.
- When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
- Responsible for complying with corporate and installation of physical security requirements.
- Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
- Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remove, install, or modifies aircraft components and engines on test stands and engine test cells as required and trained.
- Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
- Performs aircraft functional checks.
- Performs related record maintenance including completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
- Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers' drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
- May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- CH/MH-53E Power Plants and Related Systems Maintenance Course
- Must have 6 years' experience on CH/MH-53E aircraft or U-H1, AH-1, CH-46, CH-47, H-60 and must have a 4790 experience or A&P License.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
Must be able to work with required materials without debilitating irritation to skin, eyes or respiratory system while wearing the required personal protective equipment.
Must be able to pick up a minimum of 50 lbs individually from the ground, vehicle or aircraft.
Vertex Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.