- Perform installations, troubleshooting, repair, test, inspect, integrat and modify avionic systems on Corporate, GA, and Rotary Wing Aircraft for a Part 145 Repair Station.
1. Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
2. Performs the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
3. Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
4. Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
5. Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
6. Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
7. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
8. Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
Years: 8-20 yrs. experience in installation, troubleshooting, and repair of avionics systems in a 145 Repair Station, MOD Center, and Completion Center Environments
Systems Experience Required: Garmin, Collins, Honeywell
Function Requirements: Perform Pitot Static Testing & Transponder checks. (FAR 91.217 & 91.413)
Licenses: A&P License is a plus but not required.
Citizenship: Must be US Citizens
Criminal Background Checks: Pass 10 year check
Drivers Licenses: Need active licenses
Drug Test: Must pass a FAA/DOT Pre-Employment Drug Test
1. Health & Dental premiums are fully paid by employer and legal dependents
5. Sick Leave
6. Holiday Pay
7. Short Term Disability
8. Tuition Credits
9. Clothing Allowance
Pay & Hours:
Pay Range (Based on Experience): $27-$35.00