Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference!
- You provide more than food and beverage for your passengers. The environment you create and the interactions with people all become the fabric of their memories.
- You provide an experience that goes beyond the meal. It's about how they feel when they're your guest - from the time they walk into the lounge, to the time they leave.
- You seek genuine interactions with passengers and guests. You anticipate their needs, bringing creative programs that enhance the wellbeing of all you serve.
Sodexo Aviation Services has an exciting opening for the UNITED Polaris Business lounge. We are seeking a General Manager, Aviation Lounge II at IAD-Washington Dulles International Airport. The lounge is dedicated space for Business class passengers to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy chef created dishes from the buffet or pre-flight dining a la cart menu or ordering from the bar serving premium wine and spirits. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic and experienced high end restaurant/hotel manager to be part of creating memorable dining experiences for our elite guests.
We are looking for candidates who will be:
Responsible for insuring excellent front of house guest services for this business class lounge. We are seeking seasoned hospitality professionals with food service knowledge as well as experience managing salaried managers, Bartenders, alcohol/bar service, hourly employees, food attendants, and custodial staff. The members in these private lounges expect and deserve 5 star service!
If you have prior experience in a high-end hospitality venue; including hotels, fine-dining restaurants or other 5-star hospitality venue, we want to hear from you!
Learn more about United Polaris lounges:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Restaurant Manager or General Manager in a high-end hotel or fine-dining restaurant; aviation/lounge exp is a plus;
- Ability to lead salaried manager, front-line staff in providing exceptional customer service;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implementation of company policies;
- Employee relations experience;
- Strong level of client and guest interaction;
- Experience with premium wines and spirits.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- have an extensive food and beverage background managing in high-volume private clubs, lounges, hotel F&B or restaurants;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for general management of an account/unit providing one or more core services (Core Services of: Lounge Operations and may include any of: Complementary Food and Bar, Food For Sale, Appearance Care, Credential Desk, Purchasing and Concierge Services. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.