Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking a Night Flight Operations Supervisor. The Night Flight Operations Supervisor is responsible for the safe transition of aircraft into and out of SNHU aviation facilities, as well as to provide flight following for all SNHU student-related flights. Additionally, the Night Flight Operations Supervisor will ensure that all SNHU student-flights are conducted at the highest level of safety possible, and will be responsible for activating the AOM Emergency Operations Manual (EOM) protocol, as needed.
Essential responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Responsible for answering SNHU Dispatch phone and email inquiries
- Supervises the SNHU Aviation Center during night operations, and screens any visitors or student groups
- Responsible for supervising night flight operations, as well as providing "flight following" for all SNHU student flights
- Watches student schedule and assists with filling and changing flight blocks, as needed
- Ensures all students follow SNHU and vendor partner safety protocols
- Responsible for ensuring the safe movement of aircraft into and out of the SNHU hangar
- Checks and scans SNHU student records into Perceptive Content or other record keeping system
- Executes emergency operations procedures via the SNHU Emergency Operations Manual
- Follows the SNHU Aviation Center closing checklist to ensure that the facility is clean and secure
- Additional tasks as directed by the Assistant Dean of Aviation
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in an Aviation or Management related field is preferred
- Previous Dispatching or Aviation Experience is preferred
- Flight Instructor or Professional Pilot experience is highly preferred
Monday through Friday, 5:00pm to 10:00pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We're proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We're constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!