What you'll be doing...
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will take an active role in leading the design and architecture of the Skyward Aviation Network Platform to ensure both Engineering efficiency and that Skyward's customers have a great experience using the Platform as they run their drone businesses around the world. You will use a variety of automation and monitoring technologies and tools to architect, build, maintain, and monitor the infrastructure for the Skyward Aviation Network Platform. You will provide production support as required including debugging and responding to production issues. You will ensure the infrastructure security meets Skyward policies.
- Lead and Collaborate with cross functional teams to design and implement application builds, application releases, deployment and configuration tasks
- Lead and participate in Application deployment and continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Bitbucket Pipelines
- Manage and operate Kubernetes
- Linux server management from the command line and using web-based console tools such as Amazon's AWS console
- Develop automation scripts to automate the creation and maintenance of environments
- Create and implement monitoring tools and solutions to provide visibility into the infrastructure and application performance
- Diagnose complex system problems using dumps, traces, or other diagnostics aids.
- Diagnose system performance problems using available standard performance tools and system indicators such as queue lengths, CPU utilization, and New Relic
- Automate the installation of applications, programs, and system components to minimize customer downtime
- Recommend and change system parameters or configuration variables to improve overall system performance and stability
- Participate in sprint planning and code review with Agile teams
- Look for opportunities for continual improvements in infrastructure and processes
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing, and deployment
- Ensure a scalable process and infrastructure with a focus on high availability
- Ensure that infrastructure, operations, and application security standards are enforced
- Willingness to pitch-in and help others on the team as needed
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Minimum 5 years as a DevOps Engineer
5+ years experience with scripting tools and technologies
5+ years experience with Database technologies (Postgres, MySql, Aurora)
4+ years experience managing AWS environments
Experience with AWS networking such as VPCs, Transit Gateways, VPN, and basic routing
Experience with continuous integration application delivery, including provisioning, deployment, testing and version control
Experience developing and implementing automated processes and systems
Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) a plus
Experience with Infrastructure automation tooling (Terraform, Packer, Salt/Chef/Puppet, etc.)
Experience with Automated Infrastructure Testing (Test Kitchen, InSpec, ServerSpec, etc.)
Even better if you have
Ability to work in a highly collaborative team
Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Ability to embrace change and work in an iterative development environment
Ability to develop a deep understanding of the commercial UAS marketplace and customer needs
Experience working in a startup environment
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.