What you'll be doing...
To open the skies so our customers can fly in more ways and more places, and to enable the continuing expansion of commercial UAS operations, Skyward must provide high quality products to our customers. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is a critical player in this mission. You will structure automation frameworks, define test plans, and create automated functional, system, and regression tests specifically for cellular aviation ecosystem applications. Not only will you ensure the quality of the shipped product but also drive the efficiency of the releases via automation.
You will improve team quality practices, design and execute automated and manual test plans, and collaborate on building and guiding quality assurance standards. You will use industry standard testing tools to ensure on-time, high-quality software releases. You will test the Skyward Aviation Network Platform across onboard drone operating systems, supported connectivity devices, aircraft, and cloud services while keeping an eye on quality, performance, and usability. You will emphasize safety and professionalism when flight testing our software in the field. You will write clear, effective bug reports and track issues through their lifecycle. You will advocate for Skyward's customers, ensuring they have a great experience using the Skyward platform as they run their drone businesses around the world.
- Test Skyward Software across onboard drone operating systems, supported connectivity devices, aircraft, and cloud services to ensure on-time, high-quality releases.
- Define quality practices, choose and implement quality tools, and be an advocate for quality on the team.
- Suggest best practice and process improvements to integrate quality earlier in the development lifecycle.
- Research and implement automated testing frameworks to decrease dependency on manually executed regression tests.
- Mentor and guide other members of the team in quality software development practices.
- Design, automate, execute, and maintain automated and manual test cases to ensure high-quality software iterations and releases.
- Serve as a QA representative on a scrum team.
- Aid in and design emulation systems to support various modes of software-in-the-loop test and validation.
- Flight test software in the field while following all applicable laws and regulations in a safe and professional manner.
- Document defects and issues clearly in Jira with examples, replication steps, and other information sufficient for an engineer to address.
- Monitor and work with the product team to prioritize issues as they progress through the software development lifecycle.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of writing QA automation tests with tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, TestComplete, Behave, Lettuce, PyTest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Experience selecting test automation frameworks and guiding automated test development.
- Experience using bug and issue tracking systems.
- Experience using test case management software.
- Experience working on Agile teams utilizing Scrum practices.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Aviation, or similar technical discipline.
- Six or more years in a full-time software quality assurance testing role.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience working with embedded systems. Experience with cloud software.
- Aviation experience (FAA Remote or Private Pilot Certificate, airspace knowledge, ability to read VFR sectional charts, operating UAS, etc.)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration.
- Knowledge of security practices and wireless/network protocols.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.